Create a beautiful art piece using the acrylic pouring technique. It is such a fun and creative process you will be hooked!
In 1978, when my husband and I bought our first home together, one of the first things we did was replace the drafty wooden basement windows with more energy efficient windows. Even way back then (40+ years ago), I couldn't throw those ugly; but beautiful to me, solid wood windows out. While I have transformed every one of these windows over the years, the last one eluded me. Until NOW!
I love the look of lanterns in outdoor decorating, but the cost to buy them can get quite pricey, and most do not come with lights and I of course wanted both. I decided to make my own, lights and all. The cost , $12.00 to make two lanterns I can use year round in my outdoor decor!
I had some canvas wall pictures that I tried to paint over to give a new look. It just wasn’t doing it for me so I decided to try something else. I love the look of burlap and had some leftover from my cafe curtains. My husband got me a Cricut to make my own designs. So here is my makeover of some much needed canvas art. Hope you enjoy.
We just completed a makeover on a home near Nashville, Tennessee with Lowe's. It was a chance to give a home a fresh new look for spring after a very harsh winter.
The home owner was wanting to add new shutters to their windows, so we built them some board and batten shutters.
So when you are crafty and your daughter says she's getting married your head spins with ideas right? Hahah, well mine did anyhow! The theme is Nautical so blue was the go to color and here in Newfoundland and Labrador we have access to blue glass beer bottles from The Quidi Vidi Brewery Company. They make beer with iceberg water harvested from icebergs that pass by here each Spring. Here's how they looked at first before I soaked the labels off.
It's great to be inspired by art and decor you see in stores and magazines. But it's also a lot of fun to figure out a way to DIY a project you see as well. Inspired by art I saw in a high end store, this metal leaf wall art was inexpensive and quick to create.
Oh, how I love mirrors. It just makes my place look so fancy. I've been wanting to figure out a way to make a classy looking inexpensive wall mirror for the longest and I think I figured it out.
To see a complete list of the materials used and view the demo of how I did it, check out the video below...
I had wanted a windmill for my master bedroom, but I was not spending $300. I decided I'd try this out, using old ceiling fan blades, and spray paint. This project was made from something that was going to be thrown away, but I gave it a new life! I got the windmill look I wanted for only $10 see below how you can make one also.
Over the years, I've amassed quite the collection of Starbucks mugs from cities we've visited, and they take up a lot of room in the cabinet over the coffee maker. I decided to utilize the blank side panel of an upper cabinet to create a travel themed coffee mug display!
Create personalized tie-dye pillowcases with acrylic paint and school glue. A safe, fun and inexpensive way to "tie-dye" with kids and create unique pillow cases and matching pajamas!! Watch our video below for full instructions. Make sure to activate the English subtitles.Visit and Subscribe to the "Shaun & Kyra YouTube Channel" for more craft ideas! https://www.youtube.com/c/ShaunandKyraThank you & happy crafting!
Our dining room was in a sad state, for a while. We moved in a replaced a broken ceiling fan with a pendant light fixture and freshened the walls with a can of white paint and that was it. It's in a weird place at the centre of the home and has three doorways - to the living room, to the kitchen and into my office, so finding a 'wall treatment' was a challenge because you can see the space from so many angles.
I'm sure by now most of you have seen at least one item in a store that appears to have been dipped in paint. I know I've been seeing dip dyed wicker baskets in several places and I just had to have one so I figured I'd try the technique with a handful of items to see how they turned out. I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of all five items I tried this technique on!