Any repurpose ideas for brown prescription pill bottles?

+25
Would hate to waste them. Thanks!
  • Geo7259373 Geo7259373 on Feb 18, 2017
    Remove the label and fill with salt/pepper packets. Place in your purse and you are ready for those bland carry-in events.
  • Marj MRC Creations Marj MRC Creations on Feb 18, 2017
    Great link, Janet! I found ideas that had never occurred to me. :)
  • Sti9104760 Sti9104760 on Feb 18, 2017
    Give them to your local animal shelter. They are always in need.
  • Vhd12456344 Vhd12456344 on Feb 19, 2017
    Folks in our RV park have inserted an emergency form into the bottle. Attach a magnet to the side. In case of emergency the first responders in our area know to look on the fridge for important contacts, medical info etc. This was started by our health group in the park. Very helpful for neighbors living alone.
  • Sal14706999 Sal14706999 on Feb 19, 2017
    We use them to store small parts, screws nails, nuts,& bolts. We also keep some aside to take pills in while travelling, especially if the pills are normally packaged in a blister pack.

• Rebecca Duffy Rebecca Duffy on Feb 19, 2017
    some are the perfect size for storing Q-tips, smaller ones for safety pins or bobby pins.
  • Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Feb 19, 2017
    Hold change for tolls, parking meters, Mom kept one in sewing basket for straight pins. Tie a few under edge of table for kitty to bat at; or baby to play with.
  • Maria Maria on Feb 20, 2017
    Use to hold shampoo or conditioner for trips, surprising they have a waterproof seal!

And for the car: I use bigger bottles for dog  treats & to hold sugar/salt/pepper packets.
  • Donya Escalante Donya Escalante on Feb 21, 2017
    An idea that I have had, and many of the others would fit on with this as well, is 1) and emergency sewing kit and 2) a mini medical kit. I haven't quite figured out a couple of items for the medical, but my purpose for these is to give to the homeless.
  • Sharon Forrer Mayer Sharon Forrer Mayer on Feb 21, 2017
    Since spices don't have a long shelf life I buy mine from bulk, buying only enough to last a couple of months. I store them in old pill bottles that are airtight. A piece of scotch tape on the bottle and then write the contents & date on the tape with a marker. This way I know which spice is in the bottle, and when it should be replaced.
  • ANNE ANNE on Feb 22, 2017
    My mother has everyone save their bottles for her. She removes the labels, then fills with shampoo, lotion, soap, etc. for the homeless shelter and
    Action Center where she volunteers.
  • Patricia.hanley Patricia.hanley on Feb 22, 2017
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • Catherine Catherine on Feb 22, 2017
    Great ideas!
  • Pam Kneebone Pam Kneebone on Feb 22, 2017
    There used to be a place that would love the old bottles to dispense meds to in poor countries.Might have to search the internet.
  • Chris Chris on Feb 23, 2017
    I've started using them to hold tubes of creams, etc. When I put them in the pill bottle I can store them standing up and they take less space.
  • Kate Baxter Kate Baxter on Feb 24, 2017
    Drug stores in my areas will take them back and recycle for you.
  • Meme Hess Meme Hess on Feb 28, 2017
    veterinarians use to put animal meds in.
  • Judy Judy on Mar 02, 2017
    We collect them, and these are given to a friend, to use in his garage to store nails, screws, and so forth. I always tape one screw on the outside, and put the rest in the inside. . for quicker identity. Any extras, that you don't need, save the lid, and put the rest in a plastic bag, and give them to a group that collects these for sugar collections for a hospital, or fund raiser. drug stores, etc.
  • Maria Maria on Mar 07, 2017
    jewelry for a vacatio.
  • Rachel Rachel on Mar 07, 2017
    i use mine for salad dressing for my lunches
  • Marcia Marcia on Mar 15, 2017
    I use mine for saving seeds in.
  • Fauxgal Fauxgal on Oct 18, 2017
    x
  • Jo Nichols Jo Nichols on Dec 25, 2020

I use them for the USBs for my computer. I have one for my mouse, one for my keyboard, and another for my headset. If I leave them on the desk, they get lost or my cats think they are new toys!