Check hubs work even if he gets testy about it!

+10
lesson learned...HUBS took off cabinet doors,painted cabinet doors, when he thought they were dry enough,he turned them over,laid them on newspaper, and painted the other side. LESSON? Check hubs work..and don't lay freshly painted items on newspaper..or anything else. Give more than 'half a day ' to dry hard! 😜Even if he gets testy 😡😖when you say...can't do that! Now he has to "fix" his impatience! But we're still friends. 😋
  • Oh dear me! At some point in time we have all done stuff like this. I guarantee next time you all do a painting project this will not happen. And now you shared with us to save others from making the same mistake. Thanks for sharing!
    • Bernice H Bernice H on Feb 18, 2017
      Haha his other "thing"was the dresser we did..it was soooo uuuugly! He didn't mark the drawers as he took them outtook a couple of hours to do the puzzle of getting them back in sort of correctly. I posted the dresser on HT...it turned from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan. Funny I saw those little support things at the store..and decided against them. Little did I know....but I should have known,his impatience is worse than mine.
  • William William on Feb 18, 2017
    We've all gone through that. I cut some triangles off 2X2's and use them to elevate anything I am painting or staining. You can buy them now made of plastic, but I made mine years ago. Should have patented the idea.
    • Bernice H Bernice H on Feb 18, 2017
      thanks William..I commented above...I saw those little things at the store and did not think we would need them...hmmm
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 20, 2017
    Hahaaa we've all been there I guess, I thought it was just me
    • Bernice H Bernice H on Feb 20, 2017
      Nooo seems to be universal..our other oopsi posted,was the dresser we did,didnt number the drawers! Big lesson learned! That was tough finding which drawer went where. I still don't think they are correct,but I know when to let sleeping dogs lie. 👩‍🌾
  • Laura Kackman Laura Kackman on Feb 21, 2017
    We have all had our oopsy moments! From cooking to laundry! I missed the dresser post. Do you still have the link? I would love to see it! Thanks! 🙂
    • See 1 previous
    • Grandmasue10 Grandmasue10 on Mar 20, 2017
      Have you tried was or soap on the runners of the drawers to make them glide better?
  • Swinnen Lisette Swinnen Lisette on Feb 22, 2017
    I always use a piece of wood to stir the paint,....and I always put it on a piece of newspaper when I am done, so when I want to use it the next day, it sticks to the newspaper. Then I have to search for another piece of wood because there is always bits of paper staying on if you tear it from the paper.
    • See 1 previous
      I discovered Hometalk via Pinterest. And I got addicted. I don't recieve many emails, about 7 a day, 2 or 3 or from Hometalk, 1 or 2 from Pinterest and 1 from Magazine Houzz and The WHOot. I am Belgian. I live in France and work for an Englishman. I speak English (better than my writing).
      I like crafting and decorating. I spend about 2 hours a day on Hometalk  and it is getting worse
  • Julie M. Julie M. on Mar 19, 2017
    I have those little plastic pyramid things but I am not fond of them for large surfaces. They work better to support legs when painting. As far as the fronts or backs of cabinet doors..... When I think it is dry enough, I lay them on top of cut up cubes of old styrofoam from packing boxes.