Easy Tip: labels for containers with no residue!

+1
Use masking tape as labels for containers. They will stand up to washer; even the dish washer --and will peel off with no residue.
 ! Any other label ideas?!
  • Back in the day before there were all these fancy products to make labels, this is what my dad used in his shop when he ran out of compartment space. My brother and I kept a few random tuna cans (when metal was printed / painted on), with the tape and my dad's perfect penmanship writing as to contents. My best guess, 50+ years old on a few of them. And guess what? Still works great today too! Great share, thanks!
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Feb 18, 2017
    Thanks for the tip. My dad also used this, but I had forgotten about it. Love the fact it holds up in the washer and doesn't leave residue behind. I like painters tape for temporary labels and I'm a huge fan of using dry erase markers as another temporary solution.
  • Ann Ann on Feb 19, 2017
    i quite often use post it notes(just the portion with the sticky part). Then I cover it with clear packing tape. I don't put hem in a dishwasher but just wipe down, if needed.
  • Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Feb 19, 2017
    I personally like the new chalkboard labels. You can relabel them easily and they remove easily and can be moved from item to item.