How to Repair a Mobile Home Counter Top

some mobile home counter tops are very hard to replace but you can fix them with some car body fill.
how to repair a mobile home counter top, countertops, home decor, how to
In this picture if look to the far right you can see the laminate puckering. First cut away the pukering laminat and dig out the bad wood til you get to solid wood.
Next mix up some bondo it comes in 2 parts you don't need very much of the hardener the more hardener you put in the less working time you have to smooth it out. Once it is hard you can sand it down to a smooth. Now come the fun part.
First sand all of your counter tops I use a palm sander. Clean off the counter top really really well. Then put 2 coats of primer paint when that dries put 2 coats of good paint on I used tan.
Then I put a third coat on the counter top and while it was still wet I through down these garage chips. The edge of the counter top I put the sprinkles in my hand and blew the chips.
I let it sit and dry for a day than I toke a putty knife and scrape off the top and sides of the counter top. Then I sanded with my palm sander. Put 3 coats of polyurethane sanding after each coat
And I have a brand new counter top that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Easy peasy try it.

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/Meadow-Park-Trailer-Court-150029881833543/photos/

• Darlene Williman

As this obviously took at least several days, how did you manage without your kitchen sink and the mess created by clearing off the counters and refinishing. I live in my home and don't think I would want to live around it.

Looks good though.

• Les and Gina

The house was empty at the time it is a rental. When it was me I would do my counter tops in sections leavening the kitchen sink area till last. Then I bought a couple of basins to set up somewhere else in the kitchen while I worked on the kitchen sink area. 1st I did the buffet area then I did the small counter top between my stove and frig then I did about half the counter top between my stove and sink and the same on the other side of the sink when I got that all done I pulled my sink scrape up the gunk sanded it and followed all the same steps except I over lapped the base paint onto the chips so it would all blend naturally and finally polyed that last section. It seemed like it only toke a couple of days to do the last section and by then I had my technique down pretty darn good.

• Curtis

We have put tile down as well as for the backsplash, we have encountered unforeseen water damage,can we repair will send pi

• Les and Gina

Yes you can 1st you will need to scrape all the grout off all the tiles surrounding your sink. Now gently use a putty knife or a 5 in one tool. When you lift all the tiles scrape off all the thin set on the back of the tile and the counter top. Then remove your sink and follow the steps for the bondo. When the repairs are made replace your tiles and caulk around your sink with silicone caulk. Good luck let me know how your project goes

• Judy
    30 minutes ago

How do you do the sides

• Twyla J Boyer

These look SOOOOO much better than the ones done with the paint kits (which never really look like graniet, no matter how much people say they do). They look like composite counters rather than laminate. I love that you told us how to add the chips to the sides - I would have been trying to press them in, but blowing tem on is so much smarter. Great job! I would not have thought about using the chips (or bondo) on a counter, but now I will be thinking about it for sure. Thanks for posting this.

• Marilyn Nelson

Wow..I will be doing this! Thanks for the great explanation!