How To Prune Jade Plants To Make More Jade Plants

Spring time is nearly here. Time to prune houseplants that need it. When pruning Jade plants, don't just toss away the cuttings. They can be potted on!
how to prune jade plants to make more jade plants, gardening, how to
Wonky Jade plant that was rescued several years ago.
Great shoots were developing - reaching upwards which made for perfect cuttings, while giving better shape to the meandering stems.
But wait - look at those cut off stems. They have so much potential and are easy to pot-on - making more plants for friends or at the office.
Even using leaves and the stems removed, I was able to make several pots worth of cuttings. For friends and family.

For more info and the DIY step by step process, visit: http://www.heidihorticulture.com/2017/02/pruning-and-propagating-jade-plants.html 

• Potting Soil  (Garden Centre)
  • Pots  (Ikea)
Heidi @ Heidi Ho-rticulture

• Barb Rosen

Very nice! Growing new Jade plants to share is fun and inexpensive, great directions!

• KD Redlowske

Growing up in San Diego, we had a couple of those jade plants along the side of the house. When they would get big, I would break off a piece and just stick it in the ground. Within no time at all, it too had grown. Next thing I knew we had jade plants all along the side of the house. Only plant I have ever been able to grow. I can't even keep air plants alive. :)