My Solution to My Windowless Kitchen...your Solution!

+11
My tiny studio kitchen has no window, following a tip on home talk.com, the hallway window,
I made this window featuring the scene which would be on the other side of the wall!

e windowless kitchen, kitchen design

Windowless kitchen window
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 19, 2017
    This looks amazing! And I'm so glad that you were inspired on Hometalk :) thank you for sharing!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 19, 2017
    I love it!!! You did amazing! I love that you found your answer here!

• Lucy Marie Bernier Lucy Marie Bernier on Feb 21, 2017
    Nice work, I have my real window storage. My big brother made a painting of a Lake view. I hung it over the kitchen sink. I put a sill on it like a real window would have. Yours is just beautiful !!!!! 👍👍👍

• Trudy Tutti Trudy Tutti on Feb 22, 2017
    So creative! Love it!

• Tina Coyle Tina Coyle on Feb 22, 2017
    I've installed an old window over a windowless sink that I treated to have an antique type mirror look. I put antiqued shutters on either side of it and put lighting above it the special light bulb that is more like sunlight. It was great because it added lots of natural feeling light to the dark kitchen and I could see what was going on behind me while working at the sink when I had people over, but it was muted enough that I wasn't looking at a harsh reflection of myself. Creating a scene there is cool, but for me it was the natural lighting that I really craved in that space.

• Shene Underwood Shene Underwood on Feb 22, 2017
    I put a picture of a beautiful garden with paths and azalea bushes, there was even a gazebo. I put it behind a window and hung lace curtains. All my clients at the shop where I work loved it.

• See 2 previous
    • Shui Shui on Mar 01, 2017
      nice

• Linda Abate Linda Abate on Feb 23, 2017
    This is such an cute idea. Not only for the kitchen, but how about the bathroom over the sink or tub. Love your idea.

• Gladys Gladys on Feb 23, 2017
    Love how this turned out for you, Yvonne!! If I had beautiful scenery like that outside, I'd definitely want to bring it inside also, and you did a wonderful job of it!

• Danielle Odin Danielle Odin on Feb 28, 2017
    I could get a Print of where I am from and be there when I am working in the kitchen. Greaqt idea. Thanks.

• Yvonne Yvonne on Feb 28, 2017
    Sure, Danielle,
    Cure your homesickness that way!

• Shui Shui on Mar 01, 2017
    Great idea!