Our Entryway is Too Narrow for Shoes, Do You Have a Similar Problem?

+5
To keep our apartment's entryway neat, we don't leave our shoes next to the door. And by "we" I mean, I usually discard my shoes as I'm halfway through the door. Only to find them the next morning on the shoe shelf in our room.  It works great for our narrow, apartment entryway. What do you do to make your space work?
e our entryway is too narrow for shoes do you have a similar problem
  • Barbara Barbara on Feb 20, 2017
    I use a small plastic serving tray from the dollar store for my shoes and boots in the winter - that might work in your space.

• Linda Linda on Feb 20, 2017
    I use a hanging fabric shoe holder in the front closet for all my smaller pairs of shoes [not best for thick soled runners, though]. I tuck the runners under a wooden dresser stand in the front hall.

• Bernice H Bernice H on Feb 20, 2017
    i use a basket...by the door. No real entry way either. It works.

• Irk8415906 Irk8415906 on Feb 22, 2017
    instead of the floor use the wall. saw a cute idea where you can hang a series of door knob or hooks on the wall. just hand your shoes there. Perhaps put some pretty paper behind it in case it's a dirty spot.

• Sha13125543 Sha13125543 on Feb 22, 2017
    We use an old slated end of a crib and propped up against the wall. The horizontal slats are great for holding shoes in an area lacking in space.

• Barbie Barbie on Feb 22, 2017
    I bought a shoe rack and put a board on top. only 10 in by 3 ft. Placed it alongside the sofa. Works as an end table and shoe storage.

• Julie D. Grant Julie D. Grant on Feb 22, 2017
    If you or your hubby are handy, cut out a section of the wall between studs and cross ties. In the back attach hooks to hold shoes. They'll be up out of the way of traffic and handy to put on and take off whenever you're ready. Kids love this method, too, since they don't get yelled at for leaving their shoes everywhere except where they belong. Easy peasy!

• Steve Woodward Steve Woodward on Feb 23, 2017
    faced with a similer problem we cut a hole in the dry wall and recessed a site built shoe stand between the studs. it ened up only taking a few inches of hall space. the coat rack above made it perfect.