Jean Pocket Upcycle

$0

This project was inspired by Kim, you can check out her post here > https://www.hometalk.com/26399592/casual-and-cute-blue-jean-coasters!

Have a pair of unwearable jeans lying around? Maybe even a button up that no longer fits? Here is the perfect way to give these unwearable cloths new life!

First, I cut the pocket off the back of my jeans. This cut doesn't have to be perfect you can trim it later.

Next, I took an empty drink bottle and marked the size of the pocket with a sharpie.

I then cut the marked area out of the bottle and trimmed the sides to make a flat rectangle of plastic.

After trimming off the extra jean off the pocket, I inserted the piece of plastic.

That's all there is to it! Now you have a funky coaster for your home, deck, poolside or anywhere! These are awesome because if a ring is made you can easily take out the plastic and throw the pocket in the wash making it good as new!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

NITAGUT Men's Ripped Slim Straight fit Biker Jeans With Zipper Deco...

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

• Vic24090418
    Vic24090418

Why are you guys making a "federal case" of this? Why not cut the pocket and put it on the table? Work smarter not harder.
    • SPABOLA
      SPABOLA

How about just cutting a square of craft foam--the thin kind used to cut out shapes for childrens' crafts. Easy to cut, easy to remove, and absorbent. Just a thought.

• Ban13581700
    Ban13581700

Good project. How are the edges of the cut jean fabric kept from raveling?
  • Vic24090418
    Vic24090418

I was asking if the pocket good Why not just cut it out and using it as a coaster.
    • Mario
      Mario

if the pocket get wet, the plastic get cold, then, the humidity will go to the fabric, then through the furniture. don't do that.

• Michele
    Michele

• Meera
    Meera

Hi friends, please give some credit to Ms.Kara having thought of doing something with old jeans and plastic bottle. If she is happy with her craft, I’m happy for her. Thank you for your idea.🙏🕉❤️