Jean Pocket Upcycle

$0

This project was inspired by Kim, you can check out her post here > https://www.hometalk.com/26399592/casual-and-cute-blue-jean-coasters!

Have a pair of unwearable jeans lying around? Maybe even a button up that no longer fits? Here is the perfect way to give these unwearable cloths new life!

First, I cut the pocket off the back of my jeans. This cut doesn't have to be perfect you can trim it later.

Next, I took an empty drink bottle and marked the size of the pocket with a sharpie.

I then cut the marked area out of the bottle and trimmed the sides to make a flat rectangle of plastic.

After trimming off the extra jean off the pocket, I inserted the piece of plastic.

That's all there is to it! Now you have a funky coaster for your home, deck, poolside or anywhere! These are awesome because if a ring is made you can easily take out the plastic and throw the pocket in the wash making it good as new!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Vic24090418

Why are you guys making a "federal case" of this? Why not cut the pocket and put it on the table? Work smarter not harder.
    • SPABOLA

How about just cutting a square of craft foam--the thin kind used to cut out shapes for childrens' crafts. Easy to cut, easy to remove, and absorbent. Just a thought.

• Ban13581700

Good project. How are the edges of the cut jean fabric kept from raveling?
  • Vic24090418

I was asking if the pocket good Why not just cut it out and using it as a coaster.
    • Mario

if the pocket get wet, the plastic get cold, then, the humidity will go to the fabric, then through the furniture. don't do that.

• Sandy

When I made some for my sons room I washed them first so they could fray and then put a little piece of hook and loop so the plastic didn't fall out. When they fray they can only go so far because of the pocket stitching. Saves a lot of wood furniture..

• Michele