I Mentioned Something in Passing, and My Comment Section Took Off...

+20
I posted a picture of a bead candle holder and in passing, I mentioned a small red bead that came from somewhere and was stuck to stay... Little did I know that the most interesting and heart warming stories would begin to show up in my comment section. Here are a few from the comments that I was able to go back and find... I hope I didn't miss anyone's contribution.

All great artists have used a touch of whimsy in their creations. Maybe a spot of red should be incorporated in all of your creations as a signature symbol.

I think accidents like that make your art piece unique!!

The red bead adds character. When I buy beaded tops, there is always one off color bead, I asked them why. I was told that God is the only one that is perfect.

That one red bead is the Keystone to your votive......:))

There is a saying I read once that the monks in Peru believe this is good as it represents the imperfections of the world.

I've been going Native American style beadwork for many years. One of the unspoken rule is that nothing is perfect, so bead artists often add one mismatched bead. So... Your one red dead bead is just right.

The red bead can now become your personal mark. Love it.

I like the red bead. Just a nice reminder that beauty does not have to be perfect.

I have an old necklace that I love and it has one weird bead in it. Even when I restrung it, I put that bead back in it's place.

Maybe the red bead could be used as an identifier? Prove that this is by you? (Where's Waldo?) LOL

e i mentioned something in passing and my comment section took off

A small red bead came from somewhere and before I noticed it, it had dried on to stay.
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 20, 2017
    This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 20, 2017
    This warms my heart, thank you for sharing, I love the sentiment

• Stacy Davis Stacy Davis on Feb 20, 2017
      I think the nicest people hang out here! So glad to be part of the community!

• Haysha S. Haysha S. on Feb 21, 2017
    Wow! Those comments are amazing!

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 21, 2017
    This is what makes us hometalkers! Thanks so much for sharing the warm comments
    (also the candle holder is beautiful!)

• A A on Feb 21, 2017
    One of the important things that I like about this website is the support, even if it's not something you want to do folks still appreciate the effort and imagination. I only participate in two "social" type websites; this one and Houzz, which unfortunately can get political and negative sometimes. We're talking design and DIY people, it should be fun and inspiring. Hometalk is both fun and inspiring with infrequent negative curmudgeons. For the curmudgeons - my mother always said "if you can't say something nice; don't say anything". Keep up the good words and good works, we all build off of each others ideas.

• See 1 previous
    • Stacy Davis Stacy Davis on Feb 21, 2017
      I agree!

• Bernice H Bernice H on Feb 21, 2017
    Stacey..thank you for sharing this. I DO read comments and I remember these,so how nice of you to give tribute to these wonderful comments.

• Darlene Darlene on Feb 21, 2017
    Just found this web site and definitely like the positive support.

• Darlene Darlene on Feb 21, 2017
    Thanks. Some great ideas out there. I always think "why didn't I think of that?" So I guess I will have to keep using everyone else ideas. Lol

• So happy you reposted this! Love all the inspiring comments, that is what Hometalk is all about.

• Eve Eve on Feb 22, 2017
    A lady once told me the same thing about quilts. They use to make one patch different because only God is perfect.🙂

• Mary Adams Mary Adams on Feb 24, 2017
    ❣Love home talk! And ❤️ the red bead idea!