Emily @ Table & Hearth
Emily @ Table & Hearth
  • Corpus Christi, TX

Easy DIY Nursery Changing Pad Tray

$10

For some reason I’ve never been a fan of seeing a changing pad just hanging out on top of a dresser all by itself and really wanted something to contain and define ours as well as cover up most of the pad showing. However, I couldn’t find many trays online and was blown away that some of them were upwards of $100!! So I turned to my ongoing mission of whittling down my scrap wood pile and found a board and some 1×2″ pieces to create this easy tray!!
easy diy nursery changing pad tray, bedroom ideas
Other than the wood there's just a handful of tools needed to whip this together in no time.
After measuring how big your tray needs to be and cutting the wood to size, give all the edges a good sanding so they're nice and smooth and rounded.
I attached the long pieces to the ends using a couple of nails in each end using my brad nailer.
Finally, stain or paint your tray in whatever finish you desire, seal with a nontoxic sealer, then set your pad in and you're done! The tray keeps the pad even more stable while not obstructing the surface or the straps needed for baby action. Pretty simple fix and MUCH better than spending $100 I think!

See more DIYs and crafts at my project gallery HERE!
Emily @ Table & Hearth