Stacy Davis
Stacy Davis
  • Tutorial Team
  • Fredericksburg, VA

Faux Flowers Six Ways - #2 Boho Felt Wall Hanging

This project was inspired by a pin cushion that I saw. I loved it but I felt it would be seen more if I made it as wall decor instead of a small sewing notion.

faux flowers six ways 2 boho felt wall hanging, gardening

I traced a circle from a paper plate. I folded it into 8 equal sections and snipped the middle to mark the center. I made notches for reference but I don't think that I ended up using them.

I pinned it to felt and cut out my shape.

Here it is after it has been trimmed. You will need two pieces. A front and back.

I really wanted to use buttons to decorate this but I STILL can't find my two boxes of buttons. This is what happens when I clean my craft room. LOL I cut out felt flowers and then I used these decorative brads. They worked but they were not my first choice.

I sewed around the perimeter, leaving an opening for stuffing.

Once it was pleasantly plump with stuffing and the hole was closed, I threaded a contrasting color of embroidery thread. I knotted the end and went through the hole and out the middle of the back side.

I added a button to the back.

I began dividing the pillow-like wall hanging like a pie. In through the front and out through the back and around the outside.

I added the flower from Faux Flowers Six Ways #1 to the center. You can find that tutorial here. http://www.hometalk.com/27856670/faux-flowers-six-ways-1-felt-flower-garland

My original plan was to add a pretty button below each flower but it looked too busy. If you make this, you might want to place your decorations lower, closer to the center.

It is such a happy heart-warming decoration. It makes me smile each time that I see it.

More felt flower variations...

Custom felt and tissue paper flowers. 🌺 The burlap base on the tissue flower was an on-the-fly creation while I was doing my Facebook Live for Hometalk and I LOVE it! Many more to come!

I am working on a new faux flower. This is a work in process wreath. What additional color flowers should I add to it?

• Felt  (Joann's and Hobby Lobby)
  • Stuffing  (Brads)