Keep Your Table Linens Organized

I am a collector of linens; a habit started by my grandmother and reinforced by my mom. I grew up in a paperless kitchen and have carried that philosophy into my own kitchen.
As such, I am always on the lookout for lovely cloth napkins, tablecloths and dish towels and have accumulated quite an assortment of all of them.

I have tablecloths that my grandmother embroidered and tablecloths that my mom purchased for me on her travels overseas.

I have napkins that I purchase on my travels, napkins I made and napkins that were gifted to me.

But all these beautiful linens have been stuffed in drawers and lodged in cabinets resulting in a wrinkled hodgepodge of napkins and tablecloths.

I was always searching to find a complete set of napkins and then when I ultimately tracked down as many as I needed, they would always require ironing. I never knew what tablecloths fit what table, so would have to 'try' them on until I found the right one and then those would need ironing as well.
I employed the KonMari methods of taking all the linens out of the cabinet to examine them for their condition and to decide if they were something I still wanted to use. One of the key elements of KonMari is deciding if an item still brings you joy.
I did discard a couple of dated runners and repaired a small tear in one of the tablecloths in the process. 
It occurred to me during this process that my tablecloths would fare better and I would probably not need to iron them every time I wanted to use them if I hung them up instead of keeping them folded in the drawers. Plus that would clear up tons of space in my drawers for my burgeoning napkin collection.

I measured each of my tablecloths and runners and I labelled them so that now I know exactly what I have. 

I folded a piece of 5" by 8" cardstock in half, cut a half-oval where the fold was and wrote the description of the tablecloth and the dimensions on both sides of the card.
I had some heavy duty wire hangers with cardboard tubes from when the dry cleaners. I slipped the label I made over the hook of the hanger and glued the tag together.

Once all my tablecloths were sorted, organized and labelled I was able to enjoy the process of hanging them up.
Don' t you just love these organized tablecloths!?
And with my tablecloths hanging up in their own space, now my napkins can be easily organized and accessed.

• Hangers
  • Cardstock

25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Lynn @ Nourish and Nestle

• Brenda S.

This is awesome! Also I love the print on those tableclothes :)

• Marj MRC Creations

Smart, smart, smart! I wish I had closet space somewhere that I could use this great storage idea for all my tablecloths. I have so many and no clue what fits where!

• Lynn @ Nourish and Nestle

Thanks Marj. It really doesn't take up much room in my closet. I have 16 tablecloths or runners hanging and it takes a total of 15 inches. Hopefully you can squeeze them in somewhere.