How do YOU organize shoes in your entryway?

+5
As for me - I have never understood why so many people like to shed their shoes in their entryway. For me, that seems to be a major way to create clutter, and on top of that it's laziness at its best. Why not go on and shed shoes in the bedroom, or a hallway, or a closet? Anywhere but the entryway.

What are your thoughts? Do you have a good way to organize shoes in the entryway?
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 23, 2017
    I agree- I don't have a problem with shoes in the entryway because I immediately end up shedding my shoes in the bedroom...but then I am still left with the problem of keeping the bedroom organized. Nobody's perfect
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 23, 2017
    My husband agrees with you 100%!!!! He is always moving my shoes from the entryway to our closet. I know he and you and right, but I always forget and go with my instinct to walk in and remove
  • Lori Kelly Lori Kelly on Feb 23, 2017
    I take mine off and carry them to my walkin closet to put them where the belong. I then put on my slippers. I have hardwood floors so I always wear slippers. Growing up, as kids, we were NEVER allowed to run around in our sock feet.
  • Judi1 Judi1 on Feb 23, 2017
    Most folks take their shoes off to prevent tracking mud, snow, dirt, etc. into the house. I would suggest placing an attractive storage container that the shoes could be put in.
    • Lee Brown Lee Brown on Feb 23, 2017
      I don't believe that either. Why not use a good door mat? So, it takes an extra second or so to slide feet across mat to remove dirt before walking on the carpet.
  • Judi1 Judi1 on Feb 24, 2017
    You don't live in the snow belt. If you aren't wearing snow boots it is muddy. A lot of folks who have dogs have to clean their feet when they come in. I would rather have shoes at the door than across my clean floors.
    • Lee Brown Lee Brown on Feb 26, 2017
      Snow, mud, sand....whatever. Just take the doggone shoes off, jaunt on through house and put the doggone shoes in a place where they are not staring guests in face when they enter........but then again, if you don't have guests, I suppose it doesn't matter.
  • Dfm Dfm on Mar 28, 2017
    at my house it's pretty much the house law. shoes/ boots off at the door, keep the rain, slush snow wet stuff, allergens off the carpets. fancy dress foot ware is in the closets. i don't want stinky feet shoes in my bedroom. think hog farm. dairy shed.