Throwback Thursday: My Dad's Vintage Suitcase Turned...

+6
Throw back Thursday-Vintage suitcase of my Dads. I turned it into a storage ottoman. I attached wood to the bottom and because suitcace was narrower by one inch from bottom, I added an inch to the top legs. Love the finished results and using something that was my Dad's who had passed away.

e throwback thursday

Throwback Thursday- Repurposed-Memories

e throwback thursday
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 23, 2017
    What a special use for it, it came out beautiful! Thank you for sharing your meaningful memory!

• Melody Drinkwater Wagner Melody Drinkwater Wagner on Feb 23, 2017
    So much more than storage! It tells a story! I have 2 benches my Father made in my Breezeway and an end table in between the 2 benches my husband's Father made. We're just honored to have these in our home. The 2 benches at one time was one long bench and I mean loooong. Loling! (We had a Family of 11). My Father cut it in half for me because it was too heavy to move when vacuuming. RIP Dad Drinkwater and Dad Wagner, your both still with us.

• Kristil Albof Kristil Albof on Feb 25, 2017
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 26, 2017
    I love it! What a great way of making creative use of something so special to you!

• Melody Drinkwater Wagner Melody Drinkwater Wagner on Feb 26, 2017
    Thank you Hillela & Gail, I'll be acid staining the concrete flooring black this Spring/Summer. Also my back patio. I can't wait!

• Sharon Sommer Sharon Sommer on Feb 27, 2017
    Love this, I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my grandmothers old suitcases want to do this.

• Gail Clark Gail Clark on Feb 27, 2017
    My dDad wanted to get rid of it years ago so I took it and told him I was going to make an ottoman out of it. Sad thing is I waited to long as he passed away before I made it. Because it was his, it gives me joy. I think he would have liked the results very much ,