Throwback Thursday: Our DIY for the dog kennel!

+7
We had our dog kennel sitting in the kitchen, the first thing you see when you come in the back door, our primary entrance...so we remodeled the kitchen around it! We gained a new countertop that we found at Habitat for Humanity Restore, painted the existing moveable island and built it in. Here is the dog kennel part...

e our diy for the dog kennel

Before />

e our diy for the dog kennel

Before />

e our diy for the dog kennel

After />

e our diy for the dog kennel

After />

e our diy for the dog kennel

Looks pretty nice repainted, right?
  • KatAych KatAych on Feb 23, 2017
    Great job!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 23, 2017
    THat is a lucky dog!

• Susie Susie on Feb 24, 2017
    That looks really nice and classy. I would'nt mind that at all in my kitchen! Way to go!

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 26, 2017
    Share your thoughts!It blends in so naturally and well! I love it- and the dark colors are great!!

• Suzanne Allison Suzanne Allison on Feb 26, 2017
    Thank you! This cabinet was the first that I painted just to see if I could! It turned out so nice we did the whole kitchen, which lead to the transformation of the whole first floor :) All because of our dog, gotta love her!

• Paula Hagan Paula Hagan on Feb 26, 2017
    That looks awesome!! I made something similar to hide a litter box in a bedroom. I bought a large deck storage box and cut an opening at one end. I have enough room inside for a fairly large litter box and a carpet in front of the 'door'. I also have another little rug when they step out of the box. Works great and no one knows there's a litter box inside of it. Just looks like a bench.

That is a great idea!!! Probably helps a bit with any odors too!

• Banjojane66 Banjojane66 on Feb 28, 2017
    Wow!! Your babies are loving this idea!! Both are beautiful ideas!! The friends and loving it too!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom on Feb 28, 2017
    Looks fantastic!! Great job!

• Lolita Lolita on Jun 30, 2020

Looks awesome!

Building a dog house yourself is one of the smartest investments you’ll ever make :)

Not only will you have a far more attractive place for your dog to stay, you can feel proud in the knowledge that you built your best friends home with your own two hands. Click here to check out some insulated dog house plans that are cheap.

I highly recommend these. They helped me put up a dog house in my garden rather quickly — and they're insulated too!