Throwback Thursday: Globe Makeover

I had been searching for an old globe for my mantel that I could give a new look. The globe itself is about 6" . But you could use any size globe for this makeover. I used regular black acrylic paint and Martha Stewart gold leaf paint . I first painted the seas black then the land gold. I used the same paints for the base and added a few faux jewels to the base. I gave the finished piece a light coat of acrylic varnish to give it a uniform sheen.

e old globe makeover

e old globe makeover

Found this old globe at a thrift store and gave it a makeover with black and gold paint. The wood support was scratched and dinged. Same for the globe itself. Painting gave it a whole new life.

e old globe makeover

Here it is finished and on my mantel. Love the way it turned out. Great way to recycle a beat up old globe and turn it into a gorgeous decorator piece.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 23, 2017
    Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I just saw a globle like that for a really expensive price and I thought- could I make my own? Now I know I can, thank you!!

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 26, 2017
    Totally new look and vibe!! It's so chic looking!

• Janet Seiber Janet Seiber on Mar 01, 2017
    Wow! Congratulations on an amazing finished project! I wouldn't have ever thought of doing that. You are blessed with a wonderful eye!