Do You Have an Easy Way to Clean Sink Food Disposal?

+1
To keep our disposal fresh I bought a dish brush with a container for soap on it. Instead I filled it with 1 part lemon juice 3 parts water. Then simply wet the brush sprinkle on some salt scrub out the disposal. Rinse of the brush and disposal your done. I also store the brush in a pretty jar by the sink to keep it separate from my dish clothes etc.
Do you have an easy way to clean sink food disposal?
  • Ine7775241 Ine7775241 on Feb 25, 2017
    I Pour about half cup baking soda, then pour cup of vinegar. It bubbles up due to chemical reaction. Let it sit for about half hour and rinse. I also use this method monthly to keep pipes clean and prevent clogging.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 27, 2017
    Ah, the wonders of baking soda and lemon juice for the sake of cleaning at home. I love learning about new ways to use them! Thanks so much for the tips!!
  • I went thru several very expensive garbage disposals and none ever worked properly. Yanked the last one out and nary a kitchen sink problem since then. Once a month I toss baking soda down all the drains and toilets.
  • Carol Carol on Mar 01, 2017
    Baking Soda & Vinegar may be efficient but NOTHING can beat Orange rinds ground up in the disposal. It's quite addictive. Or use lemon rinds if you prefer.