Do You Clean These Often Forgotten Pieces?

+8
A lot of people don't know there is a door on the bottom of the toaster to clean crumbs out --or you can take the blade apart on a can opener to clean the crud -germs and bacteria off the cutter ---and the toilet brush holder- yuck clean it and put a disinfected in the holder to kill germs bacteria not to mention the smell---
Do you clean these often forgotten pieces?
  • Superbee Superbee on Feb 25, 2017
    not clear on your title??
  • Jackie Jackie on Feb 25, 2017
    I have been doing that for years, but I am sure, there are people that didnt know this. It is very handy, and keeps the mess down!

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 25, 2017
    I did not know that!!
  • Mary Hofstra Mary Hofstra on Feb 25, 2017
    A great way to sharpen your can opener blade is to run aluminum foil through it! Place it under just like you're going to "open" it. Hope that makes sense! I learned that back when I used to be a Tupperware Consultant/Manager!
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 27, 2017
    I did not know about the can opener! And I always forget about the secret crumb compartment on the toaster. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Sheenaireland Sheenaireland on Feb 27, 2017
    Hi
    I knew about the toaster drawer but I read somewhere on hometalk where people were talking about putting their toasters and coffee makers in their dishwashers?? Is this possible, I wouldn't have thought so
  • Carey Carey on Feb 28, 2017
    I periodically put my coffee pot (not the Maker) in the dishwasher. I have cleaned my can opener works with a tooth brush for years. Then the other day, i put it under hot water to rinse it first, and since I was running the DW if decided tp put it in. It came out sparkling clean. NO MORE TOOTH BRUSHES ON THAT! Just the gear that turns the can. I have cleaned the bottom of my toaster for years by opening the doors on the bottom and cleaning them. I also make sure that there are not little pieces of bread/toast up in the works of the toaster. (ALWAYS UNPLUG IT WHEN DOING THIS!!!_
    • See 1 previous
    • Maria Maria on Mar 04, 2017
      Thanks I will try putting can opener in the dishwasher.
      A lot of crumbs and chunks of dry toast fall
      out by shaking the toaster upside down.
      We used to have a toaster with no bottom drawer.
  • Flora Lape Flora Lape on Mar 02, 2017
    i have not heard that -but i wouldnt do it -the glass you pour the coffee from is fine --to clean the coffee maker it self -put a half of cup of vingar in the glass container and fill with water as you would to make coffee and run it thought cycle with out the coffee of course giggles then run clean water though the cycle