How can I get set screw out of my faucet handle... Help!

I have a Delta faucet in my bathroom. It is not calcified in there just has no more insides because it is so stripped. Any ideas?
  8 answers
  • William William on Feb 25, 2017
    The only solution is to drill it out. Start with a 1/8' drill bit and drill slowly so you don't go too deep and hit the stem. Its hardened steel so it will take time. You may need to step up in drill bit size after using the 1/8" bit. Once its drilled out tap the faucet handle lightly with handle of a screwdriver to loosen it and pop it off.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 25, 2017
    I agree, youre going to have to fish it out with a drill. good luck!
  • Cali Cali on Feb 26, 2017
    Thanks but I tried that. Looks like I will have to buy new facets, very frustrating.
  • Cali Cali on Feb 26, 2017
    Thanks William, I will give it another try using your instructions. I have two faucet in the bathroom and both have stuck set screws in the hot water, both are dripping. Did call a plumber and he said they would just have to ruin the faucets to get it out, so your advice is appreciated. Thanks again so much.
  • Sally-Charles Evans Sally-Charles Evans on Feb 27, 2017
    I hope you realized that the screws in faucets are not flat or Philips...they are fit for Allen wrenches..

  • Cali Cali on Feb 28, 2017
    Yes I do know that, but thanks for checking. I have tried every size Allen wrench and none will grip at all. That's how I got to this point.
  • Claude Claude on Mar 02, 2017
    Is it a metric size Allen wrench? Ck wthe manu, they can tell you. I messed around w my weedwacker until I realized that it was metric...
  • Cali Cali on Mar 03, 2017
    I did check with Delta and had the correct sized Allen wrench, but the set screw was not catching it or any size. Thanks for trying to help.
Your comment...