Asked on Feb 25, 2017

Chalk Painters - question!!!

LorettaJenPauline Crawford
+4

Okay, so I love this stuff. Already did one bathroom with it and used wax to seal the first one. This time around I bought the matte sealer to use in an effort to reduce odor. My question is : Im an experienced real good painter, yet with this sealer I cannot for the life of me get rid of the streaks. I've tried small brush, medium brush, sponge brush...what am I doing wrong?? Has anyone used a sponge type roller on this before??? The cabinet doors are the real issue..the base itself is not an issue.
  • Charly
    Charly

Before using any kind of liquid sealer, do not shake the can as this causes bubbles to form on the surface. As for streaks try using a natural bristle brush. The less expensive "plastic" brushes will cause streaking.
  • Jen
    Jen

good tip! I DID roll the bottle..did not shake...What do you think about using a sponge roller??
  • Babalu
    Babalu

I use only a sponge roller for chalk paint. There are also additives for the paint .. I use one called Floetrol (for latex paint) which will virtually eliminate brush and roller marks.
  • Jen
    Jen

Well...Its seems like the sponge roller has done the trick! No more lines :-) Sealed and looking good....Pics soon!
  • Pauline Crawford
    Pauline Crawford

Go to www.royalchalk.com
  • Jen
    Jen

• Loretta
    Loretta

By the way Jen, there is wax sealers that are not smell