No Sew Tie Up Shades

$65

I love window coverings! I've spent countless hours looking for the perfect drapes/shades in almost every room in my house. When we did the bathroom remodel, I knew I needed to do something a little different because of my arched windows. What I came up with was an easy, no sew tie up shade. (You can view the entire tutorial at http://www.therozyhome.com/2013/03/16/no-sew-tie-up-shades/)
** I decided to
no sew tie up shades, crafts, reupholster, window treatments, windows
Fold the right seam over around one inch.
Press the seam the entire length of the curtain.
Fold the seam another inch and press.
Fold the seam another inch and press.
After pressing the seam, unfold. You should see the fold lines and should have to hold the fabric down to keep it from folding back up.
Grab your Fabri-Tac and and place a bead down the entire length of the outermost fold.Allow the fabric to fold over and press firmly on the seam.
tarting about 2 inches from the top, place a line of Fabri-Tac along the length of the fold.Fold over and press firmly along the seam.That’s it for the right side! Now just repeat the steps for left side.
For the bottom…Fold the fabric over one inch and press.Fold the fabric over 3 inches and press.Unfold the fabric and glue the folds like you did on the side seams (outermost fold first). That's it for the bottom!
Subtract 1/4 inch from finish width of shade. Use this measurement to cut your wood.Place cut wood about 1/2 inch from the top of your fabric and inside the top pockets of the left and right seams
Place Fabri-Tac on the wood and fold the fabric over. Press.
Place Fabri-Tac on the board (both the covered and uncovered sections). Fold the board over.Fold the board over one more time.
Determine where you want your screws to go on each end and mark with a pin.Using a 5/16 drill bit, drill a hole through header. Hold the header off the floor and grip the fabric tightly so it doesn't get messed up while drilling.
Now that you have drilled the hole, fold the fabric over the header. This should create a canopy.
Using drywall screws, mount the header to the wall. Don’t screw it in completely.
Thread your ribbon over the top of the curtain. Cut to the desired length.
Tie the ribbon at the desired length.Tighten the mounting screw and voila! You have a no sew tie up shade!
The finished product.
The finished product.
The finished product.
The finished product.
The Rozy Home

• Kelleysdiy

What does it look like from the back?

• Lynn

I am doing this. It's perfect for my large bathroom window, who cares about otherside
    you cant see threw, using Light fabric to let the west sun shine In. Love the DIY.
  • Dana Ford Hudson

Very cute! I was wondering if you velcro, how would that work?