How to Make a Pretty Set of Hooks With Authentic Barn Board

I collected a few pieces of beautiful, authentic barn board some time ago from my parents’ farm and it took me a really long time to figure out what to do with them…
One ended up as a sign to use in pictures for my sister’s gorgeous old-world-style wedding.
I used another piece to make my DIY painted flower box. (Which you can check out right, here!)

That left me with one final piece from the farm, and after a while, I finally came up with the perfect idea – a pretty set of hooks… you know, for hanging stuff! Like hats and purses… or even Christmas stockings!

I knew that I wanted to use antique-like glass or china knobs for my hooks, but they were a little challenging to find at the time that I was trying to complete the project. However now-a-days, these pretty antique-like knobs are a lot more popular and can be found at just about any crafting or home décor shop.

I played around with the order of my hooks until I liked what I saw. Then I measured and marked on my barn board so that they would be evenly spaced and level! 

This was a really simple and quick project to devise… Once I had actually dreamed up and designed it first, that is!
[Psst! Want to check out more projects?! Come over and check out The Project Pile!]

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
TheProjectPile.com

• Jlp8383754
    Jlp8383754

Dollar tree catalog or website??

• JPG
      JPG

GLASS DOOR KNOBS WERE ON ALL MY DOORS WHEN I MOVED IN, SOLD MOST, KEPT SOME, MOST OF THE BRASS ONES WEAR OUT AFTER MOST USE, DONT EVER GET RID OF YOUR GLASS ONES

• Linda Fern
    Linda Fern

How did you attach the barn wood to wall?
  • Lenore
    Lenore

where did you get the drawer knobs