Crafternoons: Have You Ever Made a String Wrapped Candle Holder?

I was so excited when I saw this weekend's crafternoon because I've seen this yarn technique so many times on Hometalk and I always think to myself "I want to try that, it looks great!" but so far, I haven't gotten around to it. So when I saw this week's theme, I thought- yes! Now's the time!
Here's what I learned: its not enough to just put a dab of glue for the first spot of string/yarn, because the yarn can droop below the rim (see pic below). You'll need to put a few dabs of glue for the first layer to keep everything in place but after that you just need a dab when you switch colors.
You can personalize it by drawing with the hot glue gun and then sticking a piece of yarn over what you "wrote". I made a "G" for my last name- Geduld!

All in all- it was easy, fun, fast and awesome to think that I'm virtually crafting with Hometalkers from all over the world!
I'm excited to see your projects!!
e crafternoons have you ever made a string wrapped candle holder
the drooping yarn- but a few dabs of glue fixed it!
Materials
The finished project!!!