DIY Shutter Towel Rack

$10.00

In our upstairs bathroom, which is primarily used as a guest bathroom or when my other daughter comes home for a weekend visit, I needed to come up with a functional yet decorative way to keep bath towels in the bathroom because the space doesn't have a lot of storage. I decided I would make a piece that could be displayed as a wall hanging, but it would also double as a towel rack for my daughter or our
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, Finished DIY Shutter Towel Rack made by Hello I Live Here
Finished DIY Shutter Towel Rack made by Hello I Live Here.
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, 5 00 plastic garage sale shutters for our DIY Shutter Towel Rack
$5.00 plastic garage sale shutters for our DIY Shutter Towel Rack.
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, I used Rust Oleum Universal Paint and Primer in One in a Hammered Brown which I found marked down by someone who returned to Lowe s in the oops paint section you have to love a sale
I used Rust-Oleum® Universal Paint and Primer in One in a Hammered Brown which I found marked down by someone who returned to Lowe's in the oops paint section - you have to love a sale!
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, Sprayed Shutters for DIY Shutter Towel Rack
Sprayed Shutters for DIY Shutter Towel Rack.
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, Joining plastic garage sale shutters together with 1 x 2 and nuts bolts for strength to make our DIY Shutter Towel Rack
Joining plastic garage sale shutters together with 1 x 2 and nuts/bolts for strength to make our DIY Shutter Towel Rack.
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, Adding Plant hooks found on sale at Lowe s to hang towels
Adding Plant hooks found on sale at Lowe's to hang towels.
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, The Finished DIY Shutter Towel Rack by Hello I Live Here hung onto wall guest bath
The Finished DIY Shutter Towel Rack by Hello I Live Here hung onto wall - guest bath.
diy shutter towel rack, bathroom ideas, diy, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects, Another Finished photo of DIY Shutter Towel Rack
Another Finished photo of DIY Shutter Towel Rack.
Linda Crandall

• PhellasChoice

I have antique washboards... could they be used?

• Leslie

Linda I have scoured the net looking for the garden hooks you have. They seem to be the right size and shape for the project. Can you please tell me where you got them or even the link to the website or any info you have on them? Did you have to rework the hook to make it the towel holder ?

• Jewell Martin

Leslie, I believe Linda’s picture shows these as being plant hooks like you should find at Lowe’s. Like the hooks you attach to a porch or plots to hang hanging baskets from. Since it takes two hooks for each towel, four towels per two shutters, they must be 8 hooks for $3-5 dollars, since the total cost is $10 and includes the $5 shutters. ☺️

• Linda Crandall

Glad you enjoyed the project! Easy and functional was our goal. Ours received many compliments as well.

• Leslie

OOOPS, I just went back to the post and saw you got them at Lowes. The font was so light in color I missed it.