The Easiest way to Really Clean your Microfiber Couch!

+8
If you have children or pets, then you most likely have a multitude of stains on your microfiber couch. You cannot use just any old cleaner to clean this type of fabric because it will leave water spots. But, I have the solution and you probably have it in your cabinet!

First, you will want to vacuum the piece to remove any big crumbs or dirt. Next, grab a spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, and a white rag. Working in small areas, spray the spot with the rubbing alcohol, then using the rag, gently rub the wet stain until you see the dirt completely lift away! Repeat process on all the stain, let dry, and you have a new couch!

For more DIY tips, visit my blog at http://www.realgirlsrealm.com
t the easiest way to really clean your microfiber couch, cleaning tips, painted furniture
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 27, 2017
    This is so helpful!! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 28, 2017
    This is such a good tip, thank you!
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 28, 2017
    I'm definitely trying this when I get home today- this could be a game changer
  • Sauve Sauve on Feb 28, 2017
    Our micro fiber sofa is 15 years old it is a very light gray. I've only use alcohol to clean the ink from the pen that broke when a suitcase was sat on top of it to unpack. Otherwise I vacuum it once a week and clean it as needed. Like when a great Burgundy was spilled on it. What a waste! The person apologized repeatedly. I placed damp towel under it and over it and went to bed. The next day it was a simple clean with some warm water and baby shampoo. I had no stain after. When I shelf broke and the bottles on it broke I was caught in the flying shards. A rather large one cut the back of my leg badly enough that I had to go to the ER for 12 stitches but since I couldn't see where the blood on the floor was coming from I sat down on the sofa to check the bottom of my feet. I left a nice trail of blood along the side of the sofa. Of course there was no time to treat the sofa before I was rushed off to the ER. When we got back I sprayed distilled water on the drying blood. Blotted and sprayed again while my husband told me not to worry we'd just get it reupholstered. Blotted and then sprayed it with KR2 and placed a damp towel over it before going to bed. The next morning I sprayed and blotted until I though most of the KR2 was out and then with a soft brush I finished off with hydrogen peroxide. That was 6 years ago and still no stain. I clean it once a year with a home steamer/vacuum. Microfiber is synthetic polyesters and polymides both of which resist stains. Just keeping it clean is usually enough. But inks, body fluids and oils can coat the fibers and that attracts dirt so it looks stained. For cooking or machine oil and ink use alcohol. For blood and other body fluids just a little diluted baby shampoo should do the trick.

• Laura Laura on Mar 01, 2017
    how many parts alcohol to water in the spray bottle? Thank you
  • It is straight alcohol.
  • Geo8548821 Geo8548821 on Mar 02, 2017
    I have a large sectional couch like that. My dog put a small tear, approx 1-2" area. I'm afraid if anyone sits on it the polyfill will start coming out. So far, all I've done is put a throw cover over it & a couple throw pillows to keep people off. Does anyone know how it can be repaired?

• Patricia middleton Patricia middleton on Mar 06, 2017
    I use windex to clean my microfiber chairs and it works great !