Easy Way to Make an Old Paint Brush Work Like It's New

You will never believe what this paint brush looked like before I cleaned it. It was caked with latex navy blue paint. I cleaned it in plenty of warm water and than soaked it in a mixture of fabric softener and water for a few minutes. After I rinsed it well and let it dry, it looked like new.

To get more information and to see the before shot, please visit our blog: http://the2seasons.com/2014/08/06/great-tip-cleaning-paint-brush/
e easy way to make an old paint brush work like it s new
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 27, 2017
    Fabric softener? I never would have thought of that! So good to know I've thrown out far too many brushes for lack of patience to get them properly cleaned. thanks!!

• Shoshana Shoshana on Mar 01, 2017
    My paint brushes are definitely going to be happier from now on. Thanks for the idea!

• Mary Mary on Mar 01, 2017
    I take mine out in the yard & spray them out real good with the hose on high, shake them, put in plastic bag & put in the refrigerator. I may try doing the fabric softer too! I read somewhere that its also best to dampen your brush before painting with it.