DIY Coastal Planked Wall

We started out with a dingy, dark tan half bathroom painted by the previous owners. We knew we wanted to do something unique with the space and something that would brighten it up. Today I want to show you how we turned our bathroom into a fun room with my DIY Coastal Planked Wall tutorial using Plaid Crafts' FolkArt Milk Paint.

Here's the BEFORE when my husband started painting the walls. The dark tan is shown in the picture and we started by painting the walls Alabaster White.

We started by using tongue and groove unfinished wood planking and cutting it to our wall's 36" width. From there, we nailed them onto the wall, then came the fun part of painting.

I detailed more about my choice of painting on my blog, but I wanted to create a weathered look so I mixed different colors and textures on the wall using different FolkArt Paints.

I worked down the wall one plank at a time, sometimes skipping a few down to use the same color again.

The FolkArt Milk Paint is the paint that I used and really love...it goes on like a stain, but with a nice milky finish and GREAT colors!

And here's the finished product!

Stop by my blog to see ALL the details and my tips on making this project easier and successful!

Abbey D

• Le'

That's the size of my husbands bathroom...It's too small to really decorate. I will be copying your back wall.....Good on you..Le'

• Granny sparkle

It seems wasted at the back of a toilet where you may very likely need to clean the odd urine splash as it is a mans bathroom. However, this would be great in a more open space like a living room or bedroom. The colours are excellent choices.