Spring Carrot Door Hanger

Spring is upon us! I’m so excited for the sunshine, warm weather, flowers and all the happiness that spring brings with it. I’m also excited for Easter and spring time decorating and I’ve decided to get a little jump on my Easter decor by adding a spring carrot door hanger (our very first door hanger at our new house!) to the front of our new home! It was super easy to make and I know you’ll want to know how I whipped it up, so scroll down and see what I did, then hop over to my blog to get all the details on how to make one for yourself!
Here is what you will need…
  • Scissors
  • 4 Tulip “bushes” in orange. I bought mine at Michael’s
  • Wire Cutters
  • Green burlap ribbon
  • Greens I also bought these at Michael’s in their “Gardeners Market” section. They look like carrot tops to me 
  • Wire.
Command strip and hook for hanging.
I started with 4 tulip bushes, and I removed the flowers ( with stems attached) from the bush from ONLY one tulip bush. Then I had a nice pile of tulips on stems. I then took three of the tulips aside and using the wire, created a bundle like this…
This created the point of my carrot. I also wired in the end of my burlap ribbon, leaving the other end still attached to the spool.
I continued to add tulips to the bundle to gradually add bulk to the carrot. First three tulips and then six (that used up all of the single stem tulips). next I began to add the other three tulip bushes one at a time. gradually moving up the ribbon and wiring them down.
I fanned and flattened each tulip bush before I added it to the bundle. Since the stems are wired you can manipulate the shape of the "carrot' easily. Once all the tulip bushes were added and wired down It was time to add the carrot greens.
Making sure to wire the ribbon and stems snugly I wired the stems of the tulips to the stems of the greens. See below.
Flipping the carrot facedown I looped the ribbon back toward the carrot, cut the ribbon and wired the ribbon down. this made the loop by which the door hanger will hang from the command hook.
I flipping the carrot back over I tied the remaining ribbon in a bow, hiding where the greens and the tulips are joined.
I left long tails on my ribbon that can be curled since I used wired ribbon. Isn't my little carrot cute! Hope over to my blog for step by step details. Hometalk only allows 15 photos per post so I couldn't post every step on this tutorial but I have all the details over at www.lovethetompkins.com

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Love The Tompkins

• Alexis

What kind of greenery did you use?
    • BigL

Greenery appears to be Spring Printemps premade by Ashland that comes in a hanging biodegradable pot that can be found in the Market section at Michaels. HANGING FERN IN P 19518528428.

• Debbie Brasher

About how many tulips completed the carrot? I really like your idea!❤️

• Lauri

4 Bushes with approximately 12 Tulips stemming from each bush. She lists 4 Bushes Of Tulips in her supplies list. I just purchased supplies to craft this door hanger and can say with confidence the Tulip Bushes from the Gardeners’ Market Section at Michael’s have 12 Tulips Stemming from each Bush.💐

So, 4 Bushes of Tulips will yield 48 individual Tulip. I bought 6 Bushes if Tulips and have 72! I believe I will have extras! 😂

Hope this Helps Debbie.

Enjoy Crafting your 🥕 Door Hangers, x Lauri

• Joanie

This is just soooooo sweet. Just light bulbs going off , how about a couple little bunnies hoppin' around on the carrot??