Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

DIY Corner Pantry

$150
Advanced

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this but we were using a stand up clothes armoire as a simple DIY pantry in our kitchen because we didn't have enough space to hold all our food stuffs. Hey, you do what you need to do. And I needed more space for my canned goods. My husband, Roy, who's not a carpenter, finally decided he was going to make us a pantry. It would be small and in the corner, but it would be floor to ceiling.

This pantry is part of our Outdated Kitchen Transformation. This is the corner its going in. We'd already removed the wall paper and painted it.

The framing begins! By the way Roy used Googles free SketchUp program to design the pantry ahead of time.

FYI: Our PLAN for this is a FREE DOWNLOAD on our site link provided on this page.

Sheet rock was added.

Cross strips to hold the shelves were put in ad then the inside was painted.

Shelves were cut.

Our son finished the m sanding of the sheet rock.

Shelves installed and outside painted.

Door installed

Painted.

Final touch.

Inside. It's awesome! CLICK HERE FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS & FREE PLAN DOWNLOAD

Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Chris

What if I dont Have a corner? I have an available square space how do I build A pantry their?

• That just means some measuring for a square version. Does take a bit of building know now but the method would be the same. You can view the full instructions, photos and downloadable plans for ours here.

• Eleanor O'Donnell

Just curious....why did you put tile on the floor inside the pantry when you had a nice wood floor?

• Pat Warden

Probably because if they dropped anything inside of the pantry, it wouldn't go into the spaces between the wood planks. Could you imagine the mess created if a bottle of oil fell on a wood floor and it leaked in between the planks? Or flour? What a mess! Tiles would take a bit to clean up, but eventually, it would get cleaned up.

• Karen Callaway

Not a question. Just wonderful job love it. Thanks

• Jill Taylor

Wow! What a great job you all done. I'm going to show my handy husband this as a pantry in our flat when we downsize. I have been researching for ages on storage options for small spaces and we have a spare corner.

• Teresa

I would like to try this in my bedroom on my wall has a window wall measures 10 1 1/2 and the wind is 6 1/2 would i be able to put one on each side , useless space i hope you understand thank you