Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

DIY Corner Pantry

$150
Advanced

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this but we were using a stand up clothes armoire as a simple DIY pantry in our kitchen because we didn't have enough space to hold all our food stuffs. Hey, you do what you need to do. And I needed more space for my canned goods. My husband, Roy, who's not a carpenter, finally decided he was going to make us a pantry. It would be small and in the corner, but it would be

diy corner pantry, closet

This pantry is part of our Outdated Kitchen Transformation. This is the corner its going in. We'd already removed the wall paper and painted it.

diy corner pantry, closet

The framing begins! By the way Roy used Googles free SketchUp program to design the pantry ahead of time.

diy corner pantry, closet

FYI: Our PLAN for this is a FREE DOWNLOAD on our site link provided on this page.

diy corner pantry, closet

Sheet rock was added.

diy corner pantry, closet

Cross strips to hold the shelves were put in ad then the inside was painted.

diy corner pantry, closet

Shelves were cut.

diy corner pantry, closet

Our son finished the m sanding of the sheet rock.

diy corner pantry, closet

Shelves installed and outside painted.

diy corner pantry, closet

Door installed

diy corner pantry, closet

Painted.

diy corner pantry, closet

Final touch.

diy corner pantry, closet

Inside. It's awesome! CLICK HERE FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS & FREE PLAN DOWNLOAD

diy corner pantry, closet

• Wood
  • 2x4
  • Saw
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Amber

If you dont mind me asking, how much did this project cost?

• Debi

Did I miss the size of the corner needed and is there enough space to put paper products on top shelf

• Leslie Johnson

You can make shelves however you want. If you need paper products on the top shelf, plan for it. I'd suggest you go over to her site and look at the plans. If they don't work for you, check out Pinterest.

• C

beautiful!! Since you probably won't lend out your husband, are you able to share your husband's google sketchup drawing? I'd like to use it as a template and just adjust dimensions for my corner. I'm not too familiar with using these programs, so a cheat start would really help!!! Thanks for sharing your project (we dont all have crafty husbands like yours!)

• Tammie

He did a great job, period! Then, when the fact that he is not a carpenter is factored in, he especially did a great job!

• Kati Hanson

I've wanted to do this to my corner in my kitchen for a long time. I was unsure if it was possible. Now I am confident I can achieve this. Thanks for your step by step directions to do this!!!! Thanks for inspiring me.

• Taun P.

That is alot of storage space in a small footprint. I love it!!! Thanks for sharing.