Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

DIY Corner Pantry

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this but we were using a stand up clothes armoire as a simple DIY pantry in our kitchen because we didn't have enough space to hold all our food stuffs. Hey, you do what you need to do. And I needed more space for my canned goods. My husband, Roy, who's not a carpenter, finally decided he was going to make us a pantry. It would be small and in the corner, but it would be floor to ceiling.
diy corner pantry, closet
This pantry is part of our Outdated Kitchen Transformation. This is the corner its going in. We'd already removed the wall paper and painted it.
diy corner pantry, closet
The framing begins! By the way Roy used Googles free SketchUp program to design the pantry ahead of time.
diy corner pantry, closet
diy corner pantry, closet
Sheet rock was added.
diy corner pantry, closet
Cross strips to hold the shelves were put in ad then the inside was painted.
diy corner pantry, closet
Shelves were cut.
diy corner pantry, closet
Our son finished the m sanding of the sheet rock.
diy corner pantry, closet
Shelves installed and outside painted.
diy corner pantry, closet
Door installed
diy corner pantry, closet
Painted.
diy corner pantry, closet
Final touch.
diy corner pantry, closet
Inside. It's awesome! CLICK HERE FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS
diy corner pantry, closet
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Amber

If you dont mind me asking, how much did this project cost?

• Debi

Did I miss the size of the corner needed and is there enough space to put paper products on top shelf

• Hi Debi! The size is on the downloadable plan but everyone will have a different space. So it's mainly mean't as "inspiration" with how we did ours.

• C
    12 hours ago

beautiful!! Since you probably won't lend out your husband, are you able to share your husband's google sketchup drawing? I'd like to use it as a template and just adjust dimensions for my corner. I'm not too familiar with using these programs, so a cheat start would really help!!! Thanks for sharing your project (we dont all have crafty husbands like yours!)