From Curbside To Runway: Outdoor Furniture Makeover!

$10.00
When we saw this set on the curb, we couldn't rescue it fast enough. We were helping some friends move into their new home and their next door neighbor had this set in a pile ready for the landfill! We couldn't see that happen. Too much potential in the set so we put it in the van and brought it home.
The set is metal, a little rusty, but in good condition. When I saw this set on the side of the road, I saw it black with wood incorporate into them. When we got it home we were ready to make this set over with materials we had on hand.
The first thing I did was clean the set. Then, I gave it a few coats of black spray paint. It covered beautifully.
Next, we cut down reclaimed wood boards to fit the seats of the chairs and the top of the table. We sanded down the wood a few times to ensure it was flat and super soft.
The set is AMAZING now! I added some outdoor pillows for the back of the chairs to make them even more comfortable.
From curbside to runway ready! Next underestimate was a little spray paint and some reclaimed wood can do! :-)
See the entire makeover on my blog post: http://mycreativedays.porch.com/diy-outdoor-furniture-makeover/
Lindsay Eidahl

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 75 comments
Next