Crafternoons: Do You Have Meaningful Decor You Display All Year Round?

+4
I don't do a lot of paper crafts, so I almost skipped this weekends challenge. Then I remembered a craft that I did for my Mom, and realized I DID have something to share! And it is very near and dear to my heart. My Mom loved it, and even though it is meant as a Christmas decoration, she proudly displayed it on her bedroom dresser so that she "could always have it near". This is an angel made out of an old discarded hymn book. By dividing the pages, then folding half of those some folded 2/3 of the way down, and half 1/3 up, it creates her dress, the cover of the book makes her wings. I tore out Mom's favorite hymn and decoupaged it on to a styrofoam ball, made hair from brown moss, and a collar from a doil. It is even more precious to me now, Mom passed 3 years ago, now I have it displayed year round to brighten my day.

e weekend paper challenge
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Mar 04, 2017
    Wow,that is a really specialand meaningful project. thank you for sharing, I'm sure she would have loved that you display it all year!

• Nun16565707 Nun16565707 on Mar 06, 2017
    I sure love this angel. I would also love to have the instructions to be a copy cat and make one. Lillian Winston Salem NC

• See 2 previous
    • Lynda Grainger Lynda Grainger on Mar 08, 2017
      You are more than welcome! I am so happy to share it! I found myself humming along with each hymn as I folded. What a PEACEFUL way to spend an afternoon, stirring up so many happy memories. I too have an angel collection!

• Inetia Inetia on Mar 07, 2017
    Nothing is more inspiring than artwork using music sheets. I love it.

• Des20415622 Des20415622 on Mar 07, 2017
    Love angels, and the hymns to make up the angel. Very precious.