Junk Clock Flip!

My lovely wife bought this junk clock at an auction! Oh, the possibilities!!

junk clock flip

This bad boy was in some pretty bad shape. It's a quartz movement and the batteries leaked all over the inside of it. The bottom, back and top were also dinged up and loose.

junk clock flip

After!

junk clock flip

I fixed the bottom first and then my wife removed all of the clock parts and gave the case a good sanding. Check out the wood pieces that fell off the top while she was sanding.

junk clock flip

junk clock flip

I fixed the top and gave the case a new back. After this my wife told me to get lost and turned on her super awesome crafting skills! First, she painted the case in the colors she wanted to peak through the final color coat.

junk clock flip

junk clock flip

Awesome right! She sanded away the black to get the green details and even took some points all the way to the wood. She waxed the entire case down with Briwax when she finished.

junk clock flip

Shelf time! My wife invited me back for this part.

junk clock flip

These are the bottoms of the shelves.

junk clock flip

You can tile onto wood by using epoxy products. Check out my post for more details:

junk clock flip

The finished junk clock flip!

junk clock flip

junk clock flip

junk clock flip

If you're interested in crafting, building, antiques and themed parties stop by Bryan's Workshop Facebook and Instagram page!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/bryansworkshop/

• C

What happened to the scroll-work on the glass door? great job...love it!
  • Dpbeee2

I really think that clock tranformation is fabulous! My question is about the metallic cushion chair. Did you recover it, or was it bought the same? If you re did it, where did you get fabric?
    • Bryan's Workshop

Thank you very much! We bought that chair and haven't touched it. It's an Italian dining chair we put upstairs.
  • Christina

hi Brian... Funny, but I just saw a clocl almost like the one you remodeled in Craig's List (for ($25) and never thought about converting it. thanks you for the idea and it truly looks fantasdtic. What did you create with the glass the original piece had? Anything we should see? (LOL).
    Seriously, I congratulate you for the idea!
    Stay well. Christina

• Bryan's Workshop

Wow, cool! That's the same glass in the finished case. It had some designs on it that I scratched off with a razorblade, but after painting the case, I put the glass back.