Pioneer Woman Tablecloth Turned Into Curtains

$14.00

I received lots of Pioneer Woman Collection dishes, pots and pans and other odds and ends for Christmas. After we returned home, I got to get them all out and played with them. Then I decided I wanted a new curtain for the kitchen because the old one didn't match anymore. I went to Pinterest of course and then the light bulb went on! Ding!

pioneer woman tablecloth turned into curtains, home decor, window treatments

Disclaimer:  I'm not a seamstress.
I can run a pretty straight line (mostly) and the end product was all that mattered to me and I love how it turned out!

NOTE: My kitchen window measures 33" x 33".  If your window is smaller or larger, you may end up with a totally different look.
I started with a 70" round tablecloth in the Country Garden print from Walmart. You can find it HERE.  I paid $13.96 for mine and got two small curtains out of it.

First you'll want to wash and dry your new tablecloth to prevent any shrinkage in the future.  Next, I cut mine directly in half.

I knew I wanted a big ruffle on the top so after I had it cut in half I held it up to my window to see how far down I wanted it to hang.  I decide to cut 12" off the unfinished side to make my ruffle.

I needed a sleeve for the tension rod to slide through so I used the other half of the table cloth that was left over and I cut a 3" piece from that.

I folded the edges to the center and then pressed it for stitching.

Next I pinned the sleeve to the curtain back only, I left the ruffle out.  I ran a stitching line on the very lower edge of the sleeve and then the very upper edge of the sleeve.  Lastly, I pressed the whole curtain using some spray starch for a crisp smooth finish.

I threaded the curtain onto the tension rod and then placed it in the window and fluffed as needed to achieve the look I wanted.  I hate that our window frames are a dark color, but that's whole other post isn't it! lol!

Check out my blog for more pictures and detailed steps to make this curtain, also there is also a BONUS IDEA in this same post to use up the rest of the leftover tablecloth! Thanks for looking!

DeeDee

• Lynda Delpino

Great job on the curtains, beautiful. But do they go with that backsplash ?
  • Sue Sanders

Could you add a venetian blind to pull up to top of window during day and down at night for privacy? It would be hidden by the curtain.
    • DeeDee

Hi Sue! Yes, you could because the curtain is on a tension rod and would not conflict with added blinds.
  • Joyce

Just wondering I see white or very light window frames.Am I not looking at the right photo?
    • Susan Snyder

The part that holds the glass...the part you’d grab to lift the window... is brown/black. The window ledge and surround are white.

• Yvonne Roebuck

Love this idea! I can't decide which tablecloth I want to use

• DeeDee

Hi Yvonne! Thank you! All of her items are so pretty, it is hard to choose! Enjoy! :)

• Beepis

I love it! I was a 50’s girl and this looks like what we would have had. Probably did. It reminds me of my grandmothers house as well. You did a great job. It looks sweet and friendly.  Thank you