Pioneer Woman Tablecloth Turned Into Curtains

$14.00

I received lots of Pioneer Woman Collection dishes, pots and pans and other odds and ends for Christmas. After we returned home, I got to get them all out and played with them. Then I decided I wanted a new curtain for the kitchen because the old one didn't match anymore. I went to Pinterest of course and then the light bulb went on! Ding!

Disclaimer:  I'm not a seamstress.
I can run a pretty straight line (mostly) and the end product was all that mattered to me and I love how it turned out!

NOTE: My kitchen window measures 33" x 33".  If your window is smaller or larger, you may end up with a totally different look.
I started with a 70" round tablecloth in the Country Garden print from Walmart. You can find it HERE.  I paid $13.96 for mine and got two small curtains out of it.

First you'll want to wash and dry your new tablecloth to prevent any shrinkage in the future.  Next, I cut mine directly in half.

I knew I wanted a big ruffle on the top so after I had it cut in half I held it up to my window to see how far down I wanted it to hang.  I decide to cut 12" off the unfinished side to make my ruffle.

I needed a sleeve for the tension rod to slide through so I used the other half of the table cloth that was left over and I cut a 3" piece from that.

I folded the edges to the center and then pressed it for stitching.

Next I pinned the sleeve to the curtain back only, I left the ruffle out.  I ran a stitching line on the very lower edge of the sleeve and then the very upper edge of the sleeve.  Lastly, I pressed the whole curtain using some spray starch for a crisp smooth finish.

I threaded the curtain onto the tension rod and then placed it in the window and fluffed as needed to achieve the look I wanted.  I hate that our window frames are a dark color, but that's whole other post isn't it! lol!

Check out my blog for more pictures and detailed steps to make this curtain, also there is also a BONUS IDEA in this same post to use up the rest of the leftover tablecloth! Thanks for looking!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Perfectly Round Tables
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
DeeDee

• Stephanie
    Stephanie

i love the color on the wall what shade of yellow is that??
    • Sue
      Sue

I love projects like this especially because from time to time I change my curtains in the kitchen mainly. I like the no sew ideas and I think a smaller size could be used with only cutting the top section off and reversing, then resew to make the valance ruffle top. like the rounded edges rather than a straight across valance. I will look to see what I can find with a vegetable print which is what I have now except it's just a straight across valance. I like THIS one!! Thank you for sharing your great idea.
  • Sue Sanders
    Sue Sanders

Could you add a venetian blind to pull up to top of window during day and down at night for privacy? It would be hidden by the curtain.
    • DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi Sue! Yes, you could because the curtain is on a tension rod and would not conflict with added blinds.
  • Joyce
    Joyce

Just wondering I see white or very light window frames.Am I not looking at the right photo?
    • Susan Snyder
      Susan Snyder

The part that holds the glass...the part you’d grab to lift the window... is brown/black. The window ledge and surround are white.

• KK
    KK

Beautifull! And I wanna know where you got that sink!

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi there! Thank you so much! I got it at Lowe’s several years ago so not sure it’s still available. If not, I also have it linked in my Amazon shop too! :)

• KK
    KK

Hi DeeDee, Thank you. Stay Safe God Bless. Karen.