Angela at farragio
Angela at farragio
  • House Springs, MO

SIDE TABLE MAKEOVER

$0

These tables were hand-me-downs from my sister and they came in very handy through the years but the time had come for a makeover. Being the lazy DIY-er that I am, I didn't want to spend more time or money than necessary.

side table makeover, painted furniture

I hate sanding furniture, so instead I washed down the tables with a big bowl of warm water with just a drop of dish soap.

side table makeover, painted furniture

The screws were stripped that held the brackets for the drop leaves so I decided to remove them altogether. Since these tables were going in the narrow spaces beside my couch and loveseat I knew I wouldn't be needing the drop leaves anyway.

side table makeover, painted furniture

I painted the tables with two coats of white primer I had on hand, allowing the primer to dry for about four hours between coats. This pic is after the first coat.

side table makeover, painted furniture

I also had about half a can of semi-gloss white paint left over from another project so I used that for the final coat. I then let the tables dry for about two days before setting them into place.
side table makeover, painted furniture

I am so pleased with how the tables turned out. And since I spent minimal effort and zero dollars I won't mind if they get scuffed (which I'll just declare is a distressed look  ), but so far they've held up very well.

For more "After" pics head over to the farragio blog.

• Primer  (Already on hand)
  • Semi-Gloss White Paint  (Already on hand)
Angela at farragio