DIY Marble Plant Stand Out of Old Tile

I thought about making a side table, a bench, and even a coffee table out of these hairpin legs but eventually landed on creating a DIY marble plant stand because I couldn’t find material that I LOVED enough for those other projects. And because it's still a little too cold in the Chicagoland area to start planting outside, this indoor plant stand (that can easily transition outside when the temps rise!) was so easy and very affordable.

And after doing this project and seeing how easy it was to work with these legs, I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for more material to upcycle in order to DIY one of those other options.
I used an old piece of marble tile that I had and knew that this affordable scrap piece of material could be perfect for this up cycle project! (Note: this picture shows the backside of the marble tile, the front side didn’t have stains like the back did).
The only other material I needed was a type of liquid nails. Literally all I had to do was glue the legs to the back of the piece of tile and let it dry... it really was that easy!
Honestly, I could NOT believe how easy it was to attach these legs to the back of the marble tile. All I had to do was add glue to the back of each leg’s base and stick it to the tile. The gluing part took less than 5 minutes and I was done.
But the best part of these hairpin legs is that they can be used for just about anything! Check out how we used these same materials (with a slightly different attachment method) to create a DIY side table in less than 15 minutes here ---> http://thediyplaybook.com/2017/03/diy-hairpin-table-2-ways.html.

How would you customize your hairpin legs? Would you make a plant stand? A side table? Heck, maybe even a bench or table?! We'd love to hear your ideas!

• Tile
  • Hairpin legs
  • Glue

The DIY Playbook