Mason Jar Herb Planter

You guys know I love a good mason jar craft. What I love even more is when I can use a mason jar to be a part of something even better... even something delicious. Today I am going to show you how to make mason jar herb planters.
Some mason jars and a rustic board can become a hanging herb garden in just minutes.  Add this great project to your outdoor or indoor decor.  You will love the results. 
  • Distressed Door Knocker Knobs (Or choose from this selection of Decorative Knobs)
  • Quart Size Mason Jars (3)
  • Mason Jar Handles
  • Drill and Drill Bits
  • Herb Plants and Dirt
  • Rustic Board* (Or paint a board in the color of your choice.)

*We recommend making sure your board is thick enough to accept the length of the bolt on the knobs or you will have to trim the knob bolt using bolt cutters. That way your board can lay flat against the wall you hang it on.
Add all of your knobs through the holes you drilled and tighten with the nuts and washers.  I must say that I just love an old rustic worn board.  Surely you have a scrap piece lying around your home that is just waiting on a project like this one. Be sure to visit the post for some really helpful tips on how to attach the knobs to the boards!
Add the mason jar hangers to the jars by squeezing the portion that fits around the lip.  Make sure the hanger goes under the lip so your jars will not fall.
Fill each jar with dirt and the herb plants.  You can add rocks to the bottom of each jar if desired to aid with drainage.  Hang your mason jar herb planter by using two nails that go all the way through the board and into the surface that you are hanging from.  This will ensure that everything is secure.
Add this one to your porch, patio, kitchen, and more!  A great project that is perfect for summer indoors or out!  Get the supplies to make your own mason jar herb planter today.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Angie CountryChicCottage