2L Pop Bottle to Beauty and the Beast Rose Cloche

Who is excited for the release of the new Beauty and the Beast?? I AM!!! I can’t wait to see this movie, and I adore Emma Watson, so it’s going to be fabulous. To celebrate the upcoming release I decided to make my Beauty and the Beast Inspired Rose Cloche.

beauty and the beast rose cloche, flowers, gardening

You won't believe what this cloche started off as.

Here’s what my Beauty and Beast Cloche started off as. Yep! A 2L bottle of Cream Soda. 

I started off by cutting the bottom off the pop bottle using an exacto knife. I then cleaned up the edges using some sharp scissors.

I then cut the top off as well. For this step, it’s best to use just the exacto knife, since I ended up scratching up the inside of the bottle trying to use the scissors.

Here is my cloche base, which was cut out using my jigsaw.

I considered staining the base, but eventually opted to spray paint it. The sides were not at all pretty, so I covered them with my marble contact paper that I’m currently obsessed with.

Next, I trimmed the faux rose to the height I needed, and drilled a small hole in the cloche base so that the rose would stand upright.

For the top, I just used the lid from an empty bottle of kid's bubble bath. Check out my blog post for more details on how this craft came together and subscribe for more fun DIY projects and home decor ideas.

• 2L pop bottle  (grocery store)
  • Faux rose  (dollar store)
  • Scrap wood  (my husband's mancave)
Sue Purdy