2L Pop Bottle to Beauty and the Beast Rose Cloche

Who is excited for the release of the new Beauty and the Beast?? I AM!!! I can’t wait to see this movie, and I adore Emma Watson, so it’s going to be fabulous. To celebrate the upcoming release I decided to make my Beauty and the Beast Inspired Rose Cloche.

beauty and the beast rose cloche, flowers, gardening

You won't believe what this cloche started off as.

Here’s what my Beauty and Beast Cloche started off as. Yep! A 2L bottle of Cream Soda. 

I started off by cutting the bottom off the pop bottle using an exacto knife. I then cleaned up the edges using some sharp scissors.

I then cut the top off as well. For this step, it’s best to use just the exacto knife, since I ended up scratching up the inside of the bottle trying to use the scissors.

Here is my cloche base, which was cut out using my jigsaw.

I considered staining the base, but eventually opted to spray paint it. The sides were not at all pretty, so I covered them with my marble contact paper that I’m currently obsessed with.

Next, I trimmed the faux rose to the height I needed, and drilled a small hole in the cloche base so that the rose would stand upright.

For the top, I just used the lid from an empty bottle of kid's bubble bath. Check out my blog post for more details on how this craft came together and subscribe for more fun DIY projects and home decor ideas.

• 2L pop bottle  (grocery store)
  • Faux rose  (dollar store)
  • Scrap wood  (my husband's mancave)
Sue Purdy

• Solongrl

I especially love the faux crystal knob. What kind of bubble bath was it? And where was it purchased. Thanks in advance.

• Sue Purdy

I found it at a dollar store. Here's a pic to show you which kind:

, Trolls bubble bath
    • Solongrl

Thank you! Heading to the dollar store! It's adorable. Gotta get some!

• Karla Mathis Bostic

Me too. The top is worth the dollar for how I will use it. I think I will put some of those string lights in there with it, but must design a vase to hide that little battery pack.

• Solongrl

Where do you get the little battery pack lights?

• Petra Schwarz Chism

Walmart has them

• Sandi Reilly

The dollar tree has the lights too. If you can't find the Crystal top, I was in Lowe's lighting section, there are both glass and plastic finials (sp) that you screw on the harp to secure the shade.

• Solongrl

Good idea, thanks! Maybe even just a "crystal" cabinet knob. They're relatively inexpensive.

• Pam Davis

How very beautiful! Bravo! The plastic bottle looks so shiny and clear, with a look of glass. I haven't bought a 2 litter bottle in years. Will anyone do? Thanks. 🤗

• Debbie Kirk

Where did you purchase the marble contact paper, please?

• Sue Purdy

It's from Amazon. There is a link at the bottom of my blog post if you click over that will take you to the exact brand. I LOVE the stuff and have used it on several other projects.

• Debbie Kirk

Thank you

• Linda H

You can get all different patterns at most dollar stores, as well.

• 9530106

Showing my age, but the faux marble contact paper was something to get rid of back in my day- back when it was called "fake". Funny how old is new again.

• Barbara Bickford

You can get marble contact paper from dollar tree also. That's where I got mine

• Cathy

I LOVE this. Beauty and the Beast has always been my fav Disney movie - I have plans to decorate my bedroom based on my travels but I think this will fit in perfectly and make me smile every time I look at it. BIG THANK YOU

• Terrie

Turned out so beautifully. Great job!

• Fbr14083115

what was the soap that you aquired the top piece from

• Rita Hendricks

you can shop for any type of finial or kitchen cabinet door knob at any hardware location
  • Barbara

How did u fasten the bottle to the base? This might make a nice gift i. e. Mother's Day, for a friend, an elder neighbor.
    • Sue Purdy

Hi Barbara. I didn't fasten it. The bottle is just sitting on top. That way, it's easy to change up what's inside the cloche. Cheers ;)

• Evelyn Kitsch Hall

I just wanted to say thanks for this...I have been looking for something like this for a Shirley Temple Doll (small) that I just bought online...I haven't the skills to use a saw and really don't have one so I'll figure something else out for the base!
    • Faith Gerberich

A round piece of Styrofoam could be used also. Just paint it and glue a colorful strip of paper or ribbon around bottom. The Styrofoam makes it easy to insert the stem of the rose.
    • Carey

I used a large peanut butter jar for a dome on my wedding cake topper, 55 years ago. It is still in that peanut butter jar! : ) Look for a pretty jar that will work upside down. You have your dome. I painted the lid and put it on the jar so my cake topper is still nice and clean. Just old!

• Joanne

Where can I find a solar light to put in a container in my garden

• Cynthia Cormier

I purchased the following and used them both in and around my pond. Put one in an old birdcage to light up a path way.
      FEIFEIER Weatherproof Solar…4.1 out of 5 stars(40)$32.99
    • Carey

Check the Dollar store. I took come clear plastic glasses and put them over my solar lights along the path to keep them free for water stains. It works like a charm and the glasses are easily changed when they get calcium stains from our hard water.

• Lady Dropsalot

Can you use one of those dry-foam circles from the dollar store (floral department) for the base, or is it too light weight?
  • Laurie Strenkert

How did you get the label off the soda bottle?

• Babbs

I use goo gone. And grease relieving dish soap afterwards.

• Kiki

Which dollar store are the faux rose from

• Lynnette Hilliard

I see the top from tha bottle and the diamond on top. What did you use to make the “lip” between the top and the diamond?

• Tonia Vieyra

Where can I find the knobs

• Cynthia Elschide

How did you get the glue off of the bottle that heldon the wrapper?