10 Minute Upcycled Crushed Gold Tin Can Planters.

I admit it, I'm a bit of a sucker for the current succulents trend. I think they do look cute in the home. I specifically wanted some adorn my stenciled pineapple console table that sits in my living room.

I couldn't, however, find the right ones as I was going for a kind of shabby glam look!

10 minute upcycled crushed gold tin can planters, gardening

As I love to upcycle and repurpose things, I thought why not make my own shabby glam planters out of tin cans. I'm so pleased how these planters turned out and with the right succulents, they look just like pineapples which are perfect for my console table above.

This is such a quick and easy craft all you need are some tin cans a hammer and some gold chrome spray paint. I was lucky in that I had spray paint left over from my pineapple table makeover but if you want to buy some click here to see the gold chrome paint I used

Lay your cans on the side and simple hammer them to crush them.

Rotate the cans as you hammer. You are trying to achieve a kind of crumpled bag look.

Once you are happy with the look of your crushed cans. Spray paint them with the gold chrome paint.

Once dry all you need to do is plant your succulents, flowers or herbs.

As I was planting succulents which aren't watered very often, instead of drilling drain holes in the bottom of the cans. I just placed a layer of gravel into the base of the cans to help with water drainage before adding my compost and succulents.

I know I've already said it but I do love how these planters look with my succulents. To me, they look just pineapples and complement my shabby glam pineapple table.

This is not the first time I have used tin cans as planters I made some colourful tin can planters in a clever pallet holder which you can see by clicking here.

• Tin cans
  • Hammer
  • Gold spray paint
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Doris

Love this idea. Where did you find the pineapple drawer pulls? Just love them

Doris Ann

• Kim Mac

Check at Hobby Lobby, they have some great pulls.

• Amber Price

Just curious as to why you have to dent the cans? I like it more without the dents.

• La streight

Im thinking a lot of smaller dents would look cool. Just use upholstery hammer or small body hammer. Just a thought.

• Marie Dube

These are beautiful!! I think I missed something, though. U said gravity took over as they were drying + u lost yr design but once dry u sprayed gold on the inside of lamp. How did u use the Unicorn Spit on outside + not lose yr design? Also, what were the color names u used 4 the green, blue + purple. Did i mix them together in the syringe?

Thank you. Absolutely beautiful!!

• I think you are talking about a completely different project here. You’ve asked this question in the wrong place. Sorry !