Training Tomato Plants With Rope

My husband has constructed raised beds for our backyard garden and we use rope to train the tomato plants instead of tomato cages. I have used cages in the past, but they get ruined and really I just don't like them much. So we found an alternative by using ropes hung from a beam above the plants to train them.
Start with some fun colored rope, you can use plain if you wish, but I like the colorful ones to make an easy way to train your tomato plants.
I used 4 different colors of Canvas Corp Rope including Hot Pink, Lime Green, Grey, and Yellow, but there are so many options to make your garden fun and colorful!
You create an "A frame" over your planter to hang the ropes on to and let them hang down.
The you wind the ropes around the plants to give them stability, this eliminates the need fort the wire tomato trainers. As the plant grow just keep training them around the rope to keep them stable.
For the past 2 years we have used this method and it works great always using the rope that you buy at the local big box garden store.  This year I thought it would be fun to shakes things up a bit and use my Canvas Corp Rope in some fun bright colors to train our plants.  So that is exactly what we did!! 
In the video I show you how to assemble the rope around the tomatoes, and also how the plants grow with the rope over time.

• Rope  (canavs corp brands)
  • Tomato plants  (home depot)

Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes

• Cynthia

I love it !!

• Sparklediamnod

I have been planting tomatoes and a few other things, but the last couple of years they have not been doing good. I am 83 years old and cant get up and down like I use to. BUT---this seems like something I can do more easely. I have thought of it before but this year I will be trying out your planting ideas. Thank you for sharing.