DIY Modern Plant Stands

$10

Here is a quickie little project that will give your patio or interiors a splash of modern cool. I love that this is repurposing something that tends to be in abundance by the end of summer: tomato cages. Whether you have old rusty cages, or brightly colored powder coated ones like these, the result is a collection of stands that gives you versatility of height and some sick lines!
Photo Cred: Anya McInroy
Supplies:
-tomato cages
-metal shears

At first, it may seem more than a little daunting to cut through the metal of these cages.  It actually is pretty darn thick.  However, if you give it a bit of a push and pull while you are cutting, the metal will snap off quicker than you would think (thank goodness…phew).
To create varied heights, simply remove the vertical wires up to the bottom circle for a tall one, and up to the middle circle for a shorter stand. If you find yourself wanting a variety of color, feel free to spray paint these bad boys using Rustoleum spray paint! Rustoleum spray paint can withstand any outdoor condition and comes in a variety of colors!
Not rocket science, I know…but I love the playfulness of them.  I think I will be experimenting with this one even more.  They feel so clean and unobtrusive.
Ahhh, how lovely is the silence of growing things…

xoxo,
Chanda

• Tomato cages
  • Metal shears

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Zest it Up

• Patt
    Patt

Where can I purchase the colored wire tomato cages?

• Deborah Spanton
      Deborah Spanton

Of simply choose your favorite color & spray paint silver ones any color you choose💓

• Terri G
    Terri G

What kind of pots did you use for these? What size? I would think the plant would be too heavy for the tomato cages.

• LoriWilson
    LoriWilson

How to recover French prevention chair