DIY Master Closet (Before and After)

One of the scariest projects I took on was my master closet. Scary because I had never taken on anything quite so large before. You see, I started pricing out custom closets (the average was around $2500). Then I headed to Lowe’s and Home Depot to look at what they had. Both the Martha Stewart (HD) and Alan Roth (Lowe’s) options were nice, but they were still coming in around $1000. Our closet is really
View from the door (after)
View from the door (after)
The view from the door (before)
The view from the door (before)
Right side (before)
Right side (before)
Right side (after - I had to take it at night because of the glare on the window).
Right side (after)
Right side (after)
Right side (after)
Right side (after)
Left side (before)
Left side (before)
Left side (after)
Left side (after)
The new light
The new light
The new door handles
The new door handles
The Rozy Home

• Eden Funk

I am 100% doing this! I fell in love with this the moment I completed reading it! I am so excited for my closet revamping! Before I begin, though, I do have a couple of questions; how hard was this for you to do? Did you have help? What materials did you use? How much did this cost you? Thanks so much!!!

• The Rozy Home

Hi Eden! Sorry for the delay in responding but I've been overseas. It was very, very easy to do. It only cost around $400 but that is because I used 3/4" sanded plywood. You could use 1/2" plywood or even mdf if you wanted to cut costs. As far as the help.... Kind of. I built it all but the hubs helped me stack the side pieces on each side. I about to redo my daughters closet and will do a detailed post on it.

• Carol

This really did inspire me. I have a reach in closet that I'm taking off the doors, side door frames and top soffet so the opening is completely clear. Then I can put shelves on the sides like you have without obstruction. That will give me so much more storage! Love this!!