DIY - Turn Old Drawers Into Shelves!

$15

If you have any old or slightly damaged drawers this is a great solution! Check out the YouTube video or follow the instructions below!

Don't forget to check out other videos and projects on my YouTube channel|| https://www.youtube.com/c/AlyssaReinholz
I started this project with two dresser drawers that I had leftover from a previous dresser remodel!
Using this paint remover, I sprayed it on the front of the drawers, let it sit for approximately 20 minutes and then scraped the paint away.

After removing the paint, I sanded the front of the drawers to remove any excess paint and to smooth out the surface to get it ready for the stain!
I measured the inside of the drawers and bought wood pieces that would fit inside the drawers. You can mix and match and do any type of shelving on the inside!
I stained and used this Poly on both the front of the drawers as well as the wood pieces that would act as shelves inside the drawers.
I used this chalk paint and painted the inside and outside of the drawers.
I put the shelving together with nails and secured it inside the drawers with nails as well.
I then just added some hardware on the sides to add more character and that was it!
Check out the video to watch me flip this dresser drawer and get a more detailed explanation!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Kim Seuferer Flynn

I may have missed it in the video and/or the article, but I didn't see how you hung them on the wall? Are they screwed into a stud or did you use some type of hanger on the back? I am asking because I have been hanging on to some drawers just for this purpose. Thank you!!
    • Karen Kroll

Lowe's sells a metal cleat for hanging large items flush to the wall. (See picture) They come in 18 and 8 inches long and will hold a lot of weight. I used them for hanging drawer shelves flush to my wall.

• Luna

the front of my drawers are wider and longer. How can I hang it flush to the wall?