Keep getting this funky smell in my kitchen drain- help!

+9
Tried bleach and everything else including baking soda keeps coming back any suggestions?
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Mar 10, 2017
    Are you on a septic tank? Might need to be pumped out.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 10, 2017
    Try white vinegar,orange or lemon juice.
  • William William on Mar 10, 2017
    Pour in some Dawn dish liquid, about 1/3 box of baking soda, and some vinegar down the drain. Let it foam up and sit for about an hour. Flush with hot water.
  • Vicki Prullage Murray Vicki Prullage Murray on Mar 11, 2017
    If you have a food disposer & a black "rubber" splash guard  that leads into the drain gets "crud" built up underneath on the backside. I pull mine out carefully so as to not tear it & use an old toothbrush with some grease cutting dish washing soap & scrub the backside of the splash guard..rinse & pop it back in place. It gets gross pretty quickly & could be the reason for your odor in the kitchen. Hope this helps.
  • Pat Belanger Pat Belanger on Mar 12, 2017
    Sounds exactly right as that is what I have. Did not know it could be removed. Thanks so much! Will try.
    you were absolutely right! Kisses and hugs!
  • Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Mar 12, 2017
    Try running some ice through the disposal. Follow it with a pot of boiling water.
    Thanks did that. Someone sent me a suggestion and it worked like a charm. Thanks all!
  • Claude Claude on Mar 13, 2017
    DO THE volcano in drain..repeat If it returns..it's so effective. If you have a grinder/disposal in the sink, grind up a whole lemon.