We Used an Old Shower Curtain to Recover These Old Chairs!!

We love to repurpose items we found on the curve! We found this old set buy a dumpster. It was kind of a mess and needed paint and material. We are on a tight budget. About the shower curtain pictures about five years ago. It was in my daughter's bathroom and had a few stains on it. However I love the material. When we went to redo the material on the new chairs repainted my husband had a lightbulb moment. We wash the shower curtain really good cut it in the areas that had no stains and it came out amazing. We even used a clear shower curtain liner to cover the material.
We start by cleaning the chairs. We sanded and repaired some areas on the chair that were chipped. Then we used Bullseye 1 2 3 primer as we always do. We then painted it with a creamy off-white color. Let it dry lightly distressed. Then we always seal it with polycrylic top coat.
Here's the shower curtain before we cut it up for material.
You made sure that pattern had no stains on it.
We then used a brand new shower curtain liner to cover the material for protection. We have an eight-year-old and let's be honest she likes to spill half of her dinner on the chairs :)
All done!!

Here is the set all together!!!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas

• Bashawn M Relf

What color did you paint the table? It's gorgeous

• Nurseone

Like this did you use sponge brush or regular for painting?

• Carolyn Meuer-Pickering

Just curious how long the fabric will hold up. I need to recover my dining room chairs but I'm going to use a canvas drop cloth and stencil it. I do love the look of the re-do!

• Elaine

I would imagine if you use the clear vinyl covering idea, any cotton or cotton blend fabric would hold up really well. Otherwise, you can just judge the sturdiness of the fabric as if it were to be used for clothing.