We Used an Old Shower Curtain to Recover These Old Chairs!!

We love to repurpose items we found on the curve! We found this old set buy a dumpster. It was kind of a mess and needed paint and material. We are on a tight budget. About the shower curtain pictures about five years ago. It was in my daughter's bathroom and had a few stains on it. However I love the material. When we went to redo the material on the new chairs repainted my husband had a lightbulb moment. We wash the shower curtain really good cut it in the areas that had no stains and it came out amazing. We even used a clear shower curtain liner to cover the material.
We start by cleaning the chairs. We sanded and repaired some areas on the chair that were chipped. Then we used Bullseye 1 2 3 primer as we always do. We then painted it with a creamy off-white color. Let it dry lightly distressed. Then we always seal it with polycrylic top coat.
Here's the shower curtain before we cut it up for material.
You made sure that pattern had no stains on it.
We then used a brand new shower curtain liner to cover the material for protection. We have an eight-year-old and let's be honest she likes to spill half of her dinner on the chairs :)
All done!!

Here is the set all together!!!

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings

• Chris

I love it!! You did a great job. I recently covered some bar stools. I so wish I had seen this before I may have to take apart and cover over with liner...my grandchildren make a mess too! I don’t want to read all the comments,so I’m going to ask my question (😁) what color is the table? I love it.

• Ann Dougherty

you did an amazing job!

If you painted the table, what did you use to seal the tabletop?

is it a hard surface, or sticky?

• Cynthia

That’s amazing! Love it! Thanks for sharing. I have all wooden chairs and put cushions on them but don’t seem to help. Any ideas?

• Patricia

Love this!!! Fantastic job!!

• Marlen Brown
    Just now

Great Idea!. I can use this for my dining room chairs. I got new seat covers for them, but could only find four. Ill use this with a complementary fabric pattern for the other two chairs.