Bottle Cap Floor Tile
We hated the musky carpet in the office / craft room, So, rather than buy a normal floor covering, I decided to challenge myself. I began collecting beer / soda bottle caps from friends and family across country as well as circulating a picture of my project to local pubs. It took over a year to complete because I waited for people to drink the right colors. I think it turned out amazing!
Almost all the caps we're flattened with anything I could find round enough to rebend them into shape. ( husbands sockets, hammer, etc. ) Then, each cap was piped with tile mortar to dry full allow stability for walking.
I knew I wanted some sort of star in center. After several dry fits, I took a pic and began the real work. My grand daughter helped by photo bombing my tutorial every chance she got.
The center of our floor was secured with a ledge stick and I began setting the caps permanently.
The pattern was duplicated on the other side and grew depending on how many I had of any one color.
The final product was grouted black and minimal 6 coats of commercial grade urethane applied.
The doorways were highlighted with a "door mat" pattern. Its difficult to see here, but there's a red mat with a blue and white star in front of my closet.
I'm so ready to create more in this very inspirational room. Onward to the next project!
Tile mortar and Unsanded black grout
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 18, 2018 10:38 PM - More info