Coraline Jones
Coraline Jones
  • Springfield, MO

Bottle Cap Floor Tile

We hated the musky carpet in the office / craft room, So, rather than buy a normal floor covering, I decided to challenge myself. I began collecting beer / soda bottle caps from friends and family across country as well as circulating a picture of my project to local pubs. It took over a year to complete because I waited for people to drink the right colors. I think it turned out amazing!

bottle cap floor tile

Almost all the caps we're flattened with anything I could find round enough to rebend them into shape. ( husbands sockets, hammer, etc. ) Then, each cap was piped with tile mortar to dry full allow stability for walking.

bottle cap floor tile

I knew I wanted some sort of star in center. After several dry fits, I took a pic and began the real work. My grand daughter helped by photo bombing my tutorial every chance she got.

bottle cap floor tile

The center of our floor was secured with a ledge stick and I began setting the caps permanently.

bottle cap floor tile

The pattern was duplicated on the other side and grew depending on how many I had of any one color.

The final product was grouted black and minimal 6 coats of commercial grade urethane applied.

bottle cap floor tile

The doorways were highlighted with a "door mat" pattern. Its difficult to see here, but there's a red mat with a blue and white star in front of my closet.

bottle cap floor tile

I'm so ready to create more in this very inspirational room. Onward to the next project!

• Debi Woodmansee

absolutely Gorgeous and very unique. I am sure they are very sturdy as it looks like you filled them with mortar. How long did it take you to do the room?

• Ramona Medina

Wowww amazing outstanding wow what a unique job it’s just beautiful gorgeous colors omg 😲 looove it !!! My respect ✊

• Gina Gutierrez

BEAUTIFUL!! Do you know how many bottle caps it took to fill the floor? Just beautiful!

• Lillie DeWitt

You said you flattened them? Or you fixed the flat ones back up?

• Sami

WOW!, I love, love, LOVE. I appreciate all your hard work. Let's face it, your year long journey of patiently waiting for just the right colors is a test of your stamina towards this project.. where do you live, Id buy the house just for that beautiful floor..😉 Kudos grandma..🤔 keep the projects coming..

• Wow! Just gorgeous!