Quick Clean Your Window Screens

$182

Who doesn't like to open their windows and breath in the fresh spring air? Get your windows ready for a change in season by cleaning your window screens without taking up too much of your time. No need for a hose, all you need is a bathtub for this one.

Step 1: Remove screens from windows. Lay flat on the ground on top of a soft surface (towel or blanket).

Step 2: Attach soft-bristol brush to your vacuum nozzle.

Step 3: Vacuum your entire screen. I worked left to right and my strokes were from top to bottom, ensuring not to miss a section.

Step 4: Fill your tub with a few inches of water. Add a couple of drops of dish soap to create a soapy wash.

Step 5: Slather the screen in the soapy mixture and rub it all over the screen with your hand.

I used a circular motion to give it a good wash. My screen did not fit into the tub, so I stood it up and poured the mixture all over it while I did this.

Step 6: Drain your water and rinse your screen.

Use clean running water and rinse off all of the soap suds.

Step 7: Dry your screen thoroughly with a soft towel.

You'll most likely pick-up all of the dust, dirt and grime at this stage. YUCK!

Step 8: Replace your window screen.

Enjoy a much cleaner view and say hello to fresh spring air! While the screen is off, why not give your windows a good clean too?

• Butterstickbaker

I have been cleaning my screens this way for years and it makes the job so much easier. To prevent scratching your tub lay an old towel in the bottom of the tub. I also use a scrub brush to scrub the screens and Dawn dish soap in the water. I clean my storm windows the same way.
    • Aprile

What Donna said. I do the same thing; no fuss; no mess.

• Koa23575510

$182?
  • Ange Sant

How did it cost 182 dollars?
    • Penny-Marie

I imagine they use the vacuum for regular cleaning also. I can't see them buying 1 just to clean the screens once or twice a year.

• Linda Abate

This is how I also do my screens. It is easy and they come out so clean.

• Sharon

I just use the Windex Spray on (hose type) on the windows and screens 2-3 times a year. And they sparkle. Of course, I wipe around the rims and sills as soon as I finish hosing but when you do it often, this system works like window wizard with almost no elbow grease. Works for me and I've been asked how I get my windows to 'sparkle'. Everyone uses a system that works for them.