Quick Clean Your Window Screens

$182

Who doesn't like to open their windows and breath in the fresh spring air? Get your windows ready for a change in season by cleaning your window screens without taking up too much of your time. No need for a hose, all you need is a bathtub for this one.

quick clean your window screens

Step 1: Remove screens from windows. Lay flat on the ground on top of a soft surface (towel or blanket).

quick clean your window screens

Step 2: Attach soft-bristol brush to your vacuum nozzle.

quick clean your window screens

Step 3: Vacuum your entire screen. I worked left to right and my strokes were from top to bottom, ensuring not to miss a section.

quick clean your window screens

Step 4: Fill your tub with a few inches of water. Add a couple of drops of dish soap to create a soapy wash.

quick clean your window screens

Step 5: Slather the screen in the soapy mixture and rub it all over the screen with your hand.

I used a circular motion to give it a good wash. My screen did not fit into the tub, so I stood it up and poured the mixture all over it while I did this.

quick clean your window screens

Step 6: Drain your water and rinse your screen.

Use clean running water and rinse off all of the soap suds.

quick clean your window screens

Step 7: Dry your screen thoroughly with a soft towel.

quick clean your window screens

You'll most likely pick-up all of the dust, dirt and grime at this stage. YUCK!

quick clean your window screens

Step 8: Replace your window screen.

quick clean your window screens

Enjoy a much cleaner view and say hello to fresh spring air! While the screen is off, why not give your windows a good clean too?

• <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Dyson-V6-Trigger-Cordless-Handheld/dp/B00GXFIS5A/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1506321668&sr=8-17&keywords=Vacuum+dyson&_encoding=UTF8&tag=julienkcreator-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=ca6ea6e51ea45bcea58614eada4e7624&camp=1789&creative=9325" class="href-bb-tag" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Vacuum</a>  (Dyson (on-hand)/Amazon)
  • Water  (on-hand)
  • Dish soap  (on-hand)

• Butterstickbaker

I have been cleaning my screens this way for years and it makes the job so much easier. To prevent scratching your tub lay an old towel in the bottom of the tub. I also use a scrub brush to scrub the screens and Dawn dish soap in the water. I clean my storm windows the same way.

• Donna Nicksich

we washed our screens outside with the hose and a bucket of soapy water and a brush. They drip and dry outside and no inside mess to clean.

• Koa23575510

$182?

• Ange Sant

How did it cost 182 dollars?

• Peg Ventura

At the Dollar store there is a product called Awesome cleaner. And the name says it all. Take the screes outside, spray them and turn your hose nozzle on jet
    Easy peasy! Clean screens

• Cynthia Nye

There is a product called Worx (I think) that you spray on the windows and rinse off with the hose: cleans windows without streaking and screens get cleaned in place at the same time. Used to buy it at Wal-mart.