Bottlecap Floor Tile

My office / craft room floor was a boring beige carpet. We a little help from friends, family and local pubs, I fixed it.
Started with straightening a LOT of bent caps.

I
Once I knew I'd collected enough for my pattern, I began by marking center on my concrete board. I laid out something temporary and took a pic so I could see my pattern.
Each cap got morta piped in (so not to collapse when walked on)
My grand daughter kept me company through many hours of securing each cap.
What began as just a star became a large bottle cap floor covering.
The final touch was black unsanded grout (my least enjoyable part of the project) and many coats of commercial floor urethane.
I love doing it but am very glad it's done. It took over a year to complet. Not because I wasn't able to do it, I just waited for friends, family and pubs to drink the right colors I needed.

30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers

• Ssc33906395

How fix a cast iron tub finish coming of

• Christine Bowers

I would love to know that too. My cast iron tub is gross. We had a bad clog, the industrial strength drain opener ate the paint off half my tub.

• Vicki Clark

awesome how does it feel when you walk barefooted on it

• Agnieszka Ramsay

I'm sure you could work with the local pubs and ask them to save all their caps for you. You could provide them with a container with your name and number on it, then come and empty it every few days.

• Joe

Did you grout then in or just leave

• Jojo

WOW!! What a work of art. This is so resourceful and talk about up-cycling. Absolutely brilliant. Would look awesome even as a backsplash for a bar.....table tops....gosh....I better get drinking LOL

Love it. Appreciate your talent and patience. Job well done!! ;-)

• Helen

Just stunning! Such a beautiful work of art and you are so very talented! I admire your dedication to complete this awesome project. The design and the colors you used are so beautiful. It must feel so good to walk barefoot across it. You should enter it to home design magazines! I want the whole world to view it! Yes❣️❣️❣️😍