Omar De Pablo
Omar De Pablo
  • Spring Hill, FL

Fire Mantle Christmas Present

So our family has grown and in the process space has shrank. We moved some furniture around and at the end an old bed had to go. The old bed just happen to be my wife's childhood trundle bed which was hand made by her father. It had been handed down to my daughter but now had to be disassembled in placed in the shed.
As I took the bed outside, the wife, who is a sentimental fool, asked what would I be doing with the bed. In a upcyclers quick response I said, "use as scrap wood for projects. Upset about the idea she begged that if the wood would be scraped that it be used for something worth while. And in came the idea.
Last year for Christmas my sister in-law, fellow upcycler, hand made beautiful stockings. My wife's one desire would be to someday have a place to hang them. Merry Christmas Honey!
The decorative Fire Mantle was made entirely from her old trundle bed. The large posts was a headboard road side find. Crate was hand made from free pallets and scrap rope, greenery from Lowe's Christmas tree trimmings, hurricane lamps Dollar Store DIY, decor (suit case, window, wreath, wool blankets, etc) thrift shops and wooded chair another road side find. Oh, logs are Wyoming white aspen.
Wooden entertainment center is the before. Sorry I don't have a picture of the bed before and all the wood that was used. Lost images. Hope you like.
fire mantle christmas present, christmas decorations, fireplaces mantels, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths